Episode 9: The Strength Of A Dragonhaart

EPISODE 8: THE STRENGTH OF A DRAGONHAӒRT

In Nӱansa, the capital of Saggeese, the evil warlord, Erikkus Di Devilli had summoned the three leaders of the Maelstrom gang, the gang that had terrorized the Village Of Shades and kidnapped Team Senshiiro. It was raining heavily. Di Devilli sat upon his throne waiting impatiently for his guests to show up. He was so cruel he could not even show emotion even when he was impatient.

Soon, General Osukow entered Di Devilli's presence.

"My lord, your guests have arrived" General Osukow said with a bow.

"Very well, usher them in" Di Devilli instructed.

General Osukow departed to carry out his orders. A few minutes later, he had returned with the three leaders of the Maelstrom gang.

"Suiryu, Tsunami, Torpedo, I've heard that you have an interesting package for me" Di Devilli said flatly.

"Yes, lord Devilli. With the harnessed powers you gave us from those other rangers, we have managed to capture three more rangers for you. Unfortunately, we lost one ranger girl by the name of Erasa Senshiiro" the one called Suiryu said with a slight bow.

"Forgive us lord Devilli" they apologized.

"Bait is needed to catch a fish. The bigger the bait, the bigger the fish" Di Devilli said with an uninterested look in his eyes. "All is going according to my plans. There is a boy they might send to rescue the captured rangers. He is Silver haired, green eyed and bears the mark of a dragon on his right shoulder. He is the only obstacle in my path worth dealing with presently. When he comes, and I'm sure he will...capture him and bring him to me. But if he resists...you are permitted to use lethal force" Di Devilli ordered.

"Yes my lord" the leaders bowed.

"And what should we do with the captured rangers?" Tsunami asked.

"Once Reis Dragonhaӓrt has been captured, a public execution would be a fine demonstration to uphold order" Di Devilli said calmly.

"As it is your wish, so shall it be" the three leaders bowed and departed.

THE VILLAGE OF SHADES

Team Kira was distraught even as they tried to get some rest since Mistress Kira had reminded them that their mission not only revolved around Reis. Erasa felt miserable because when Mistress Kira said it like that, it reminded her that she was the one who dragged Reis into the whole mess.

"Excuse me" Aurora suddenly left everyone behind.

"Aurora!" Mistress Kira called to her as she ran out of the house.

"This is going to be a difficult night for everyone" Dr Gensai sighed in sorrow.

Aurora kept running. She didn't care where she went. It didn't matter. She just had to get away from all of this. First Jared and her other mates; and now Reis too. When was all this suffering and pointless killing going to end? Why did the Dragon Rangers have to take care of everything and why were they the ones who had to fall in battle?

Aurora was forced to ask herself where all her sorrow was coming from. Then came the next question, why did she really hate Reis? She couldn't remember why. She could remember that she hated him and she could remember that her reason was justified but she could not remember her reason itself. You usually despise a person for their nature or actions but Reis hadn't done anything that deserved her hatred. She hated the Saggeesians for the pain they caused her family but Reis was just as old as she was. That meant he was as young as she was when everything was going on and he probably had no idea of it himself. Was the fact that he was simply a 'Saggeesian' enough reason to despise him, even if his countrymen were the greatest cause of her current suffering. So if;