⋆✪07✪⋆

⋆⋆✪✸✪⋆⋆

Kenma's breathing stops at the sight of the young girl, not sure as to what you're going to do. "Y-y/n. Don't do anything," he whispers.

You look down at him, a small smirk on your face with your lips pursed together. The little girl stops when she sees you both and smiles before walking over to you. Kenma glares at you and moves the knife behind your back, not liking the way you are looking at the girl.

"I won't hurt her," you tell him, looking into his golden eyes. "Not yet at least."

Before Kenma is able to reply, the girl is at your feet and you bend down to her. "What is your name?"

"My names Toka! What's yours?" she asks, a smile on her face.

You raise a brow at her enthusiasm, a quick glance at Kenma's scared face making you laugh. "Well Toka, my name is Y/n." You turn and look up at Kenma. "And this is Kenma."

Kenma nervously clears his throat and bends down next to you. He puts his hand on the one that is holding the knife and holds onto it. "Hello Toka. What are you doing out here? Shouldn't you be at home?"

"Mommy went to the store and daddy is sleeping so I came to play in the woods."

"It's not safe out here," Kenma warns her. "There are people who can hurt you. You should go home."

She tilts her head. "But why? You two are out here." Her voice is sad as she speaks.

You decide to speak before Kenma can. "Will you go home if I give you something?" you ask Toka. "You can't show your mommy and daddy though."

"Like a secret?" she asks, her eyes widening with excitement as a smile shows on her face.

"What are you doing?!" Kenma whispers to you, his eyes focused on the small girl.

"You'll see." You smile and remove his hand from yours over the knife, sliding it into its holder. You turn and open a pocket in the bag with everything, bringing out another knife. One that you haven't yet used except to open a wrapper or two.

Taking the pocket knife out, you hold it out to the girl. "Take this. Make sure to use it if you ever need to," you tell her, showing her how to open and close it. "If you cut yourself, put it under water."

She smiles, taking it from you. "Woah- It looks so cool! Thank you Miss y/n!"

"You're welcome. Now run home."

"Okay! Bye Mister Kenma!" Kota yells, beginning to run back towards home.

"Goodbye," he says quietly, watching as she runs.

You laugh when she gets out of sight, turning your attention to Kenma. "You thought I was going to kill the brat didn't you?" you ask, beginning to walk away.

Kenma hurries after you, taking one glance back at the hideout. "Of course I did. You're a fucking serial killer y/n."

"Tell the whole damn world why don't you," you say, your voice laced with a bunch of sarcasm and attitude.

Kenma sighs as he makes it to your side. "I was just saying." You hum in response, glancing over at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Why didn't you kill her..?"

"I don't kill kids. I thought you would have noticed at least that pattern in my killings."

Kenma thinks about it for a moment, realizing that what you've said is true. He's read plenty of the files on the cases. Many of the children claim to have seen the one who's killed their parents but that had all been brushed aside since none could give a description.