⋆✪11✪⋆

⋆⋆✪✸✪⋆⋆

Kenma sits on the top of the hill for a long while. Even you begin to wonder if he's fallen asleep up there.

Just as you decide to go to check on him, his legs stop dangling over the ledge and you hear footsteps walking down the hill. It's a few moments later when Kenma is in your view and walking towards you, his hair lying slightly in front of his face. You can't see any expressions due to the darkness of the night sky as he walks over. Due to such darkness, you're left in the dark about the tears he'd shed. It's not as if you'd care or do anything if you were to know.

He walks over and sits down beside you, not even daring to look at you. You glance over at him, noticing a shiver to him as he sits there. "Are you cold?" you ask him.

Rather than answering with words, he shakes his head in response. You sigh and raise a brow at him. "Lie much?"

Kenma just shrugs. He doesn't have the will to speak. He doesn't have the will to speak. Although having already cried for over an hour, Kenma feels as if he could cry for hours more.

You just stare at him for a moment before grabbing some clothing from the bag. You lie down and set it beneath your head, setting the rest for him to lie on. "Well when you get your head out your ass, you can lie down. If you're cold use me for body heat."

"And why would I want to do that?" he asks, his voice small and broken to an extent.

You sit up and grab the back of his neck, forcing his head to turn and look at you. "Maybe because you don't want to get hypothermia like a dumbass. You have got to be one of the moodiest people i've ever met," you say, muttering the last part.

Kenma rolls his eyes, not that you can really see them. His hair is laying over them, only a slight amount shown of each eye.

When you don't get the reaction you were looking for, you remove your hand from his neck and lie back down. "Whatever. Have it your way."

You hear a sigh leave Kenma's lips as he continues to sit up with his head facing down. Your arms are under your head and eyes closed as you lie there, not even opening your eyes when you feel Kenma lie down.

You wait a few minutes or so before opening your eyes and glancing over at him. Kenma is turned on his side, his back facing you. If he is asleep or not is something you are unsure of but you are completely sure he's cold. His body is shivering even with the extra jacket on.

You sigh and close your eyes back, a yawn leaving your mouth as you lie there. You find no point in trying to help him if he won't help himself.

To you, the weather is normal. You've traveled around so much that you can easily get through hot or cold weather without a problem.

Kenma on the other hand, not so much. He's used to the weather in his town. It's what he's grown up around and adapted to throughout his life. And where he lives, the weather isn't exactly the cold type. You continue to lie there until eventually, sleep takes over your body.

As you sleep, Kenma lies there awake. There is still a shiver to his body. His thoughts are far off. He wonders what could have happened if you hadn't stopped the woman. Perhaps she was just reaching to grab something and wouldn't have ended up dead. Perhaps she actually was going to touch him and you saved him from sexual assault by a homeless woman.

He wants to go home. He misses his life from before. Before meeting you. Before he's killed people... It pains him to know he's taken lives.

As a police officer, he hasn't had to shoot anyone. He was usually put on to do more research than anything and put all the evidence together along with finding out what he could through the internet. Going out to patrol wasn't something Takanobu told him to do often. That day, his coworker had to stay out due to a family problem so Kenma was forced to go take over his parolling.