Chapter 13: Where No Dog Has Gone Before

Hmm, interesting... I thought. In the middle of nowhere, there was a monster with a food cart, who seemed pretty down. Frisk, of course, was giving him a wide berth. I figured this would be as good a chance as ever.

I walked up to the monster, who was a tall humanoid blue bunny in a yellow shirt with a vertical red stripe, and red pants, the colors matching an umbrella attached to his cart. He didn't seem to notice me, and was muttering to himself, "I don't understand why these aren't selling... It's the perfect weather for something cold..."

"Hey, there," I greeted him. "What'cha selling?"

"OH!" He replied upon noticing me, perking up, "A CUSTOMER! Sorry, I didn't notice you there!" He cleared his throat. "Well, I happen to be selling Nice Cream! It's the frozen treat that warms your heart!"

"Well then, sounds great." I looked over to Frisk, calling out, "hey! You want some Nice Cream!?"

She stopped as she tried to sneak past the bunny monster, and looked over in fear.

"Hey, it's alright, he's friendly. I mean, he's giving out 'Nice Cream'. What's better than that?"

"Yes. And every Nice Cream comes with a free compliment!" the Nice Cream guy added.

"Come on over here!" Frisk nervously came over. I smiled at the bunny monster. "Sorry, she's... shy around people."

"Oh, no worries! I'll be sure to put a smile on that face!"

"That's what I'm hoping for." Frisk reached us. "So, could you tell her what flavors you have? She can't speak, so please be patient with her."

"Okay," and the bunny monster began listing flavors to little Frisk, once so she knew what they were, and a second time so she could pick her choice with a head nod (how thoughtful of him). There were a lot of flavors (21 in total, as I counted), so it took a while, but eventually, they got what she wanted. "Strawberry?"

Frisk nodded.

"Okay, here you go," and the monster gave Frisk the treat, before asking me, "and for you?"

"Chocolate," I told him. As he got me my treat, I asked, "so, how much?"

"Oh, 15 G for each!" I gave him the payment, and he waved us off. "Thank you, have a super-duper day!"

As we moved on, Frisk opened hers up, and looked inside. Along with the ice cream bar, the wrapper has some wording inside.

I looked over and read, "Love yourself! I love you!" I smiled. "How... 'Nice'!"

Frisk smiled back, then she pointed to the wrapper, then to me. "What... are you saying you love me?"

Frisk nodded.

"Well, I love you!" I told her. As she smiled in return, I opened my Nice Cream. "Now, mine says... 'Are those claws natural?'" I just looked at my hands, my NON-CLAWED hands. "Right... such beautiful claws." Frisk had a silent chuckle at that.

After just a few steps across a small bridge (which I crossed very quickly, small or not), we ran into Sans again, who standing by another area of packed snow, making a low pit, where a large snowball rested inside.

"sup', ya know, i've been thinking about selling treats too," Sans told us. "want some fried snow? it's just 5 G."

"Oh, geez..." I commented. "Sure, 5 G, right?"

"did i say 5 G? i meant 50 G."

Oh, what the heck, I thought. "Fine."

"really? how about 5,000 G?"