Chapter 22: Legendary Treasure

We had made our way into a large room, with a pit of water in the center, and two paths, one forward, one to the left.

And I gasped.

Mommy? Frisk signed.

"I... know this place..." I replied. "This was as far as I ever traveled in the Waterfall."

I walked over to some text on the wall by the left pathway. It read, "The northern room hides a great treasure."

"This is new though..." I noted.

Even still, memories flooded my mind. I remembered coming by here, so I could go and play...

At this point, this is when I ran into our next monster.

It was a fish monster, with blue hair, and a cute antenna. She was floating over a body with muscly arms, scaly skin, spikes on the back, and a tail instead of legs.

...Actually, I got the sense that the body was a separate monster.

I noticed that she was singing to herself, and I felt the channeling of magic.

Siren magic... I thought. Perhaps I should be friendly.

"Hi," I called out. "How are you-"

Suddenly the monster stopped. I guess I couldn't blame her, I probably scared her.

"...Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," I apologized. "My name's Chara."

"Sh...shy...ren," she told me. Okay, it seemed more like she was... well, shy. After some silence, she sounded, "hum hum..."

She then gave a small toot, which was, of course, a magic attack.

...Though it was just one note. Easy to dodge.

She then began to tap a little beat with her fins.

I felt bad. I felt like I had to do something to help her.

Well... I was musically inclined. So, maybe...

I began to hum a small melody, a favorite song of mine, if not a bit... emotional.

And Shyren turned to face me, and began to follow my melody.

Frisk looked up at me curiously, almost as if she recognized the tune.

Meanwhile, Shyren, now emboldened, sang, "si re, si re. si mi, si mi," releasing several magical notes with each sound, now being a bit more tricky to dodge.

Okay, so I really am going to have to fight with music, I thought. I also noticed that Frisk had begun to clutch onto Toby.

But at least Shyren was more comfortable with singing along.

So, I began to hum some more. And now... some monsters passing by, an Aaron and a Woshua, were drawn to our music.

Looks like we were starting a little concert...

"Si fa, si fa, so fa so, mi re re," Shyren sung. And the notes I had to dodge became trickier to avoid.

As we continued, more monsters began to join in to watch, and... Was that Sans selling tickets? Made of toilet paper?

Well... this has just become a whole lot more crazy. But no stopping now.

I hummed some more. It seemed like we sold out.

I had to admit, I felt good. Like a rock star.

Of course, this made me think of the ghost family...

"Mi so, mi so, mi si mi, la si so!" Shyren sang, knocking me out of my thoughts as I now had to dodge more notes. And that this point, I felt the need to... dance a little as I dodged.