Chapter 18: Hanging Out with the Skeleton Brothers

Coming back into town, we could see Papyrus standing outside in front of his house, watching everyone go about their business.

Frisk, having gone ahead, had just reached him as he came back into my view. She began jumping up and down in front of him. Noticing the disturbance, the tall skeleton to see Frisk, and then me walking up.

"AH HA! SO YOU CAME BACK TO HAVE A DATE WITH ME!" Papyrus exclaimed. "YOU MUST BE REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS..."

"Well... Frisk seems to be," I replied. I was concerned that she really didn't know what she getting herself into. Thinking about this, I figured I needed to take action. "So... Frisk, before you, uh, do this, could I talk to Paps super quick?"

Papyrus looked puzzled (see what I did there?), while Frisk looked around nervously. "CERTAINLY!" Papyrus finally said.

"Great! Awesome! Come with me," and I grabbed him, and pulled him around the corner of the house.

There seemed to be a door into an underground storage area behind his house, but I didn't care about that. I needed to talk to Papyrus about this "date".

"Okay, Papyrus, you know that Frisk is a kid, correct?" I asked him.

"YES, OF COURSE!" he replied.

"Well... then, you should know... that if I find you did anything... adult, with her..."

And then I did something I hadn't done in a long time, even when you don't include my time in the void. Really, the skeleton I was living with had outclassed me without even realizing it. But now it was time to see if I could still make it work, like with Asriel.

My eyes went wide, and I made a wide, unnerving smile as I stared in Papyrus. And based on his expression, my "creepy face", as my late brother dubbed it, hadn't lost its luster.

"...You and I are going to have a BAD TIME, capiche?" I finished.

"I-I-I UNDERSTAND," Papyrus replied, freaking out as I stared into his soul (but not literally). "IT'LL JUST BE A CHILD DATE! NO ADULT STUFF. A PROMISE FROM THE GREAT PAPYRUS!"

"Good." I switched to a more innocent smile, with my eyes closed, though I was sure he wouldn't forget what he saw.

We come back to the front of the house, and Papyrus approached Frisk. "YES, CHARA WAS JUST SETTING THE RULES OF OUR DATE."

Frisk looked at me annoyed. I just shrugged with a smirk.

"STILL, THAT IS NO REASON TO TREAT YOU TO THE BEST! I'LL HAVE TO TAKE YOU SOMEPLACE REALLY SPECIAL... A PLACE I LIKE TO SPEND A LOT OF TIME!"

Papyrus then began to walk further back into town, motioning for Frisk to follow, which she eagerly did. I was considering following them, just to make sure nothing happened. ...But then Papyrus suddenly made a U-turn back towards the direction they just left, and came back to stop in front of the home I was still in front of.

"MY HOUSE!" he exclaimed, before heading inside, with Frisk following.

"...Of course," I whispered.

"hey, don't worry about it," someone said behind. "my bro ain't gonna nothin' bad to frisk, i promise you."

Looking over, I found Sans, standing near next to the mailboxes. "Since when did you get here?"

"What, I'm just here to check my mail." Then he turned to his mailbox. "Yep, it all checks out."

He didn't even touch it. Just looked at it.

"by the way... did ya really need to scare my brother like that?" Sans asked. Fair question.