Ch.6

Forgive my grammar mistakes and typos.

Beam's POV

I was panicking. I was panicking so hard that I thought I would end up having a panic attack.

Forth was going to come over to my place tonight!!!

Who knows, today will turn out to be my last day on this earth.

He can kill me cold blood and no one will ever know where I went.

Why the hell did I invite him over??!!!

Oh my God!! Oh my God!! Oh my God!!

While panicking I went to the kitchen and started doing what I do best to calm myself down.

I baked.

I started baking, for Forth... I guess.

I baked so many muffins that I can literally open a bakery shop and earn good money from it.

The thing with me is, wherever I am super nervous I bake or cook. But today my nervousness level was at some other lever, so I did both. I baked a lot and cooked too.

When Forth said that he will come and meet me, I could have asked Ming to come over and help me to face the devil but he was not in the town. He left yesterday only to attend some family function.

Ming and his family asked me to join them but I refused. I might be close to Ming's family but I am not close with their relatives, so I thought it will be better if I stay and enjoy my holidays.

The time was running fast and it was almost time for Forth to arrive.

I cleaned the whole house... twice, took shower and wore something decent. I was super tired from all the work I did today but I couldn't muster the courage to sit and relax. Every time I close my eyes, I imagine that Forth has come to my house and has managed to kill me.

Forth was knocking on the door.

THE DEVIL WAS OUTSIDE MY DOOR!!!

I was shivering with fear and my face was red due to some reason. My body was feeling hot.

I went towards the main door and with trembling hands I managed to open the door.

I don't remember what he was wearing or what he was saying or how he was looking. The fear of being in his presence was so much that I ended up losing almost all my senses. I couldn't think, speak, look or hear anything around me.

I remember welcoming him and him praising my house.

When he was seated, I went inside the kitchen and drank almost half a jug of water. I practice deep breathing so that I won't lose my calm and can welcome him properly. God only knows what he might do to me if he won't be welcomed in my house.

I have already mailed all my important details to Ming, just in case I might not survive the night with the devil.

Gathering all my courage, I placed the muffins and juice in the tray and went towards the living room.

My hands are shaking terribly but somehow I managed to hold the tray and put it in front of Forth. I asked him to eat those since I have made these for him. He said I didn't have to do this but I know he would surely have killed me if he was unwelcome in any possible way.

Forth ate and enjoyed the muffins I baked. He loved eating them, he even offered me some but I lied and said that I was diabetic and couldn't eat those. I don't know why I lied though, my brain was malfunctioning and I couldn't think straight. I couldn't even look at his face.