Chapter 48

It was my last day at the internship and I was currently patrolling the beach with Marina.

"I'm sorry that this internship was a bit lackluster." Marina apologised out of the blue.

I raised an eyebrow. "No, I learnt a lot about hero work and got to see what it was like working here, I also got to work a little bit on my quirk underwater as a bonus. I'd say I got to learn a lot more about being a hero than learning it at school." I reassured her.

She grinned at me. "Well, I'm glad about that." Before turning around the buggy to do another lap of the beach.
There was barely anyone on the beach, the only people I could see was an elderly couple walking further down shore, a man playing fetch with his dog, and a couple of people in the water swimming.

It seemed peaceful and calm.

What a way to end the internship.

"Hmm..." Marina mumbled aloud.
"Huh?" I asked, glancing over to her.

"I see a small boat docked past that cluster of rocks, not at the beach but past it. I've noticed it's been there for a while, that person should know that it's illegal to dock there. We're going to investigate, just to make sure no one is doing anything suspicious." Marina explained, turning around to head back to the agency. "Let's just get a rescue boat then head there."

I nodded as we headed back, Marina asking someone to continue patrolling the beach while we got onto a small rescue boat and headed out into the water, towards the suspicious boat.

It looked to be a small trawler boat, and we saw someone moving on it.
We got closer and a man hurried out to meet us.

"Hello! Do you mind if we board to have a word?" Marina asked.
"Oh, yes, definitely." The man replied, guiding us to where to get up and offering a hand.

We climbed on board thanks to the man, he wore a long coat and looked to have fancy looking dreadlocks, transparent beads seemed to be decorating them between each dreadlock.

"Thank you, now are you aware that it's illegal to dock in this area of the water?" Marina asked as I removed my helmet and held it under my arm.

'Hm, maybe I could ask the support course if I could have a clip or something to hang my helmet when I don't need it...' I thought.

The man rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, looking around. "No, ma'am, didn't know."
"Oh, well. There is an area just a little more east for docking boats like these that way." She replied, pointing.
"oh, yes, it seems like there is. I truly apologise." The man apologised.

"It's alright, hope you weren't doing anything illegal I hope?" Marina jokingly said with a chuckle (at least I think she was joking.).
The man laughed, though it seemed forced. "Of course not, was just...refuelling."

"Well if you weren't, then I hope you don't mind my assistant to investigate while I ask you some questions. Y'know, cautionary stuff." Marina said.
The man looked taken aback before reluctantly nodding, "don't mind at all."

Marina nudged me as if to tell me to start looking around, but I had no idea what to actually do.
She started to ask some questions, so I decided to look around and make it look like I knew what I was doing.

I moved from the small deck to where the wheel was, looking around and saw nothing suspicious on it before moving to a small staircase tucked away and walking down to the area inside the hull.

Still nothing, I doubted that Marina wouldn't have gotten me to investigate if she didn't feel that something was up.

I passed a newspaper that seemed to be open on an article talking about how people thought the Yakuza were slowly re-emerging from the shadows. I did notice another article on the page talking about how pro hero Fatgum and some of his interns dealt with a man who used a drug to amplify his quirk.