Chapter 1

I was quietly working on my schoolwork in class. It was peaceful with the occasional whisper among classmates before the sound of the door sliding open could be heard.

I turned my head slightly to see who was at the door and saw the nice lady that worked in the office with Aunt Shino behind her with a grief-stricken face.
"Izumi (Y/n)? Can you please come with me?" She asked.

I nodded my head, confused with a bad feeling in my stomach forming. Standing up, I packed my bag and left the room with the lady and Aunty Shino.

"Have a nice day." The lady said as I walked out the school and to Aunt Shino's black car. I opened the backseat door to see my three year old brother, Kota, strapped to his seat and Aunt Shino's friend, Ryuko, in the passenger seat with a sad face.

"What's wrong?" I asked cautiously, earning silence from the both of them.
We started driving and drove in silence for a while before we pulled up to the hospital.
As I saw the large white building of the hospital, the bad feeling in my stomach grew larger.

We got out the car in silence, Aunt Shino took Kota out of his seat and held his hand as we walked inside.

"We're here to see Water Hose." Aunt Shino said to the receptionist. "These are their sons."
The receptionist nodded and told her where to go.

I stiffened, why were my parents here? I mean it's been a couple of times that my parents have been in hospital before, but why were they here this time?

We headed that way, my head spinning with scenarios on why my parents were in the hospital. Maybe they were injured again, maybe they just had a broken arm or leg.

I came out of my thoughts as we stopped outside the door to the room my parents were in.
"You might want to prepare yourself.." Aunt Shino said to me quietly.
I was confused, what did she mean by that?

I opened the door and walked in but froze the second I walked in.
My parents were in seperate beds, cloth covering their eyes respectively but I looked closer between the both of them and realised they weren't breathing.

"Mum? Dad?" Kota asked, receiving no reply.

I stood there in shock........they were dead.

"I'm sorry!" Aunt Shino said, flinging her arms around Kota and breaking down as Kota stood there, tears silently rolling down his cheeks.

'They left us, their twelve and three year old sons....because of their stupid hero work!' I thought, the reality of the problem sinking in.

Tears slowly formed in my eyes as I spun on my heel and walked out of the room.
"(Y/n), wait!" Ryuko called after me but I didn't stop.

I pressed the button to the elevator, it opening immediately, and walked in while pressing the button for the ground floor.

Once the elevator stoped I ran out past the receptionist and outside before running.

I ran and ran until I couldn't run anymore, I stopped, panting and resting my hands on my knees.

I had somehow arrived at a small area with a swing bridge overtop a small river.

I caught my breath and walked across the bridge, it swaying ever so slightly as I did before sitting down.

I covered my face with my hands and sobbed, they were dead, my parents, dead, leaving me and Kota behind.

Eventually I calmed down, staring at the water sadly.

I clenched my fists and looked at the water before two arms and fists made of water rose out of the river.