Chapter 17

I walked back to my seat and sat down to watch the fight for first place.

The crowd cheered, waiting for what is supposed to be the decider of who is in the top of the first years.

"Start!"

The fight immediately started with Shoto sending a huge ice attack at Bakugou, who used his explosions to break the ice and keep him from being immobile.

The ground shook as the sound of explosions grew louder and Bakugou bursting out of the ice.

Bakugou flew towards Shoto, but quickly maneuvered out of the way towards his left and grabbed him before throwing him towards the boundary line.

Shoto quickly used his ice to save him from falling out of the boundaries, Bakugou jumping towards him, and managed to grab his arm with his left hand.

I leaned forwards in my seat, I knew he said he wasn't going to use his fire but...it just seemed like he would at that moment.

Shoto threw Bakugou away, who managed to land fine but had a weird rage-filled face.

Bakugou fired an explosion in his hands as Shoto faced him with a determined look before yelling at him.

Bakugou ran towards Shoto, hands ready to make an explosion, but Shoto just stood there.

"Todoroki! Don't lose! Do your best!" Midoriya yelled, seeming to snap him out of his thoughts.

"You can do it, Shoto!" I yelled after in encouragement.

Bakugou used an explosion to shoot him up into the air, grinning as Shoto suddenly used his left side to melt the ice.

He then used explosions to spin himself around, making what seemed like a tornado, at Shoto.

Shoto held his left arm up, it ablaze and ready to fight before looking down and lowering it, stopping the flames, sending up a huge wall of ice.

Bakugou smashed through the ice and set off the largest explosion he could muster, making me let out a scream in fear for Shoto.

The ice from the first attack shattered from the impact as a huge gust of wind spread through the crowd, blowing hats away and making hair stand on end.

The smoke cleared away to show Shoto unconscious against some ice, though it didn't seem like he had any fatal injuries.

Bakugou stood up and walked towards him before running and grabbing the cuff of his shirt, pulling Shoto up, but his head hung limply.

"Stop screwing around! Didn't I tell you that there was no point, damn it?! To get first place like this! Like this?!" Bakugou yelled, his other hand poised to make an explosion but let go and fell to the ground as Midnight used her quirk to make him fall asleep.

The crowd was speechless as Midnight declared the winner.

"Todoroki is out of bounds! Which means, Bakugou wins!" She announced.

The whole crowd cheered, though a few people were left a little speechless at the outcome, but it can't be helped, it's done.

"And now, all of the events have been completed! The winner of this year's first-year U.A. sports festival is...from Class A, Katsuki Bakugou!" Mic announced.

———

Both Bakugou and Shoto were carried out of the arena, but I wasn't able to go see if Shoto was alright because all of the first years had to go down to the arena to watch the award ceremony.

Iida and Tokoyami never had their battle because Iida had to leave because of a family emergency, declaring both of them to share third place.

The media was lined up against a fence to take photos, I saw them pointing at different students and a couple pointed at me, but I ignored them.