Chapter 45

I looked at my watch to check the time, 10:46 am.

I was early.

It was only Saturday, my date with Shoto was tomorrow, so I was meeting up with Aunt Shino and Kota somewhere before going to look at Manual Hero Office and Marina Agency before deciding on where I wanted to intern.

I adjusted my jacket as I walked down the pathway, checking my phone every now and then to make sure I was going the right direction.

I looked around before spying a small flower cart on the path in front of me, an idea coming into my head,

I walked over to the vendor and brought a small bouquet of flowers from them before continuing my trek to where I needed to go.

Soon enough, I was at the gate.

Checking the time again, it was 11, Aunt Shino and Kota would be here in 10 minutes.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to go in before they were here....but it wouldn't hurt right?

I hesitated, I hadn't been here since the funeral which was almost 3 years ago, I don't know why but I guess I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that they weren't here anymore.

'Go on, she won't mind.' I told myself before gripping the bouquet and marching myself through the gate.

I scanned the many names the graveyard held before finding the names I was looking for.

I stood in front of the gravestones, staring at the names in front of me before bowing and slowly sitting down. I pulled the decorative paper off the flowers before dividing them and putting both halves on respective graves.

"Hey, mum.....hey dad." I said cautiously even though I knew they would not reply. "How is it like up there?"

I stared at my lap guiltily. "I'm sorry for not coming here sooner....it was kind of hard to."

I looked up with a small smile. "Kota has been well lately...though for a while he though you abandoned us, he didn't understand what happened. Though he met someone and now he's in a better mood."

"Also I got into U.A. first part of the General Studies course...but soon got accepted into the hero course. I hope you are proud of me." I continued. "I've made a lot of friends and may have found someone....."

"I'm going to be interning at a hero agency, but still having trouble in deciding where to intern at...and also a hero name." I added before feeling my eyes burning slightly as tears slowly built up.

"I miss you...and I'm sad that Kota didn't have enough time with you like I did. It just felt that you leaving was too soon...." I mumbled, sniffing slightly.

I heard footsteps stop next to me and looked up to see Shino and Kota standing there with sad expressions.

Kota let go of Shino's hand and climbed into my lap while Shino bowed in respects before shuffling over to some other graves, probably paying respects to fallen heroes she knew.

Kota and I were silent as we stared at the graves, me looping my arms around him in a hug.

"What were they like?" Kota asked out of the blue. "When you were my age.."

"Well...they were nice, but they were busy a lot y'know, due to hero work. So either Aunt Shino or a babysitter babysat me a lot of the time." I replied. "Whenever they had the day off, we usually would go out somewhere or do something together. Most times we would usually end up volunteering somewhere to help out the community more,"

I hugged Kota closer, who wasn't saying anything. "Then you were born and mum and dad took time off to take care of you before deciding to go back to doing hero work....."