Chapter 15

The fight between Sero and Shoto didn't last long.

Sero had started the match by suddenly using his tape to bind Shoto immobile and swing him out of the boundaries, but it failed when Shoto used his ice to freeze the ground and shoot a huge blast of ice right up into the air and out of the stadium, narrowly missing the course.

It was silent but once the mist cleared, it was shown that Sero was stuck in the ice and couldn't move.

The tape had frozen solid and Shoto was able to break out of that, making me notice that Midnight was half frozen from the attack.

Shoto was declared the winner since Sero was immobilised, letting Shoto advance into the second round.

Shoto melted the ice off Sero and the arena, not really saying much, though he did seem a little unhappy.

I was a little shocked that he had that kind of power, it was so strong and powerful, though it did seem to show after that encounter with Endeavour.

I did go down to see him, but he had already walked into his class's seating area, so I went back to watch the rest of the tournament, feeling a little worried.

"On to the next match!" Mic yelled as two people walked into the arena.

"The assassin from Class B! Pretty things have thorns, you know! From the hero course, it's Ibara Shiozaki!" Mic announced as a girl with green hair walked on. "VS, Sparkling Killing Boy! From the hero course, it's Denki Kaminari!"

That match did not last that long, it started from Shiozaki saying how she wasn't there to take people's lives before the battle started.

But still, Kaminari unleashed all of his electricity and Shiozaki just turned around and her hair became a wall, shielding her from the attack. Thorns then sprouted out of the ground towards the now brain-fried Kaminari and wrapping him up, making him immobile.

'Wow, that seems like an interesting quirk...' I thought as Mic announced the winner.

———

"Now for the next battle!"

This battle was Iida against a girl called Hatsume Mei.

The battle ended up with Hatsume basically showing off her support items until she was done, then stepping outside the boundaries, making Iida the winner.

Though Iida did seem a little disappointed that the battle wasn't really a battle and he was used for a sales pitch.

———

The next fight was Mina against a blonde, sparkly boy called Yuga Aoyama.

The fight was pretty cool, Aoyama firing lasers and Mina swiftly avoiding them before getting close enough to fling some sort of acid onto Aoyama's belt, melting it, before knocking him out with a swift uppercut to the jaw.

'That looks painful.'

Mina was declared the winner and went up to the second round.

———

The next match was emo bird...Fumikage Tokoyami, against Momo Yaoyorozu, which the winner was declared relatively quickly.

Yaoyorozu created a shield to deflect bird shadow's attacks, but didn't notice herself getting closer and closer to the boundary line from the quick attacks, pushing her out of bounds.

She seemed surprised and speechless that she was out of bounds and a little upset that Tokoyami went up to the next round.

'I'll check up on her later.' I thought as she walked off with her head down.