Chapter 27

It was quiet as we walked, save for the faint sounds of shouting, Midoriya's incoherent mumbling and the faint smell of smoke.
Kota was quiet as we walked....well I walked with two people on my back. My plan was to get the two back to camp to get Midoriya's wounds looked at. A couple of times I tried to listen in on his mumbling, and tried to talk to him, but he was in his own little world. However I could make out the words 'villains' and 'Kacchan'.

I was worried, the villains were clearly after one of the students, Bakugo, and we were unsure where he was or if he was alright. The only thing I knew was that Shoto was with him.

I stopped as I saw Aizawa running towards us, yelling our names.
"Mr Aizawa!" I called as he was close enough to be able to talk.
At the mention of his name, Midoriya perked up.
"Midori-" he started but frowned at the damage to his arms as I let both Midoriya and Kota get onto the ground.
"Mr Aizawa.....I'm glad.....It's terrible! There are a ton of things I need to tell you." Midoriya started before ranting away on the past events that had just happened.
"Hey-"
"But first, there's something I need to tell Mandalay.."
"I said 'hey'-"
"Please take care of Kota!"

As the two spoke I knelt down to Kota's height, he still looked terrified.
"Here's something I want you to do for me, stay and listen to Mr Aizawa and be brave." I explained to him, gaining a nod and tight hug from him.

"Please!" Midoriya cried before starting to run off.
"Wait, Midoriya!" Aizawa called, making him stop in his tracks and look back. "Those injuries.....You did it again, didn't you? Did you forget about what happened in Hosu?"
Midoriya was silent before nodding. "No, but..."
"So tell Mandalay this, you are all allowed to use your quirks to protect yourself from villains." Aizawa said.
His eyes widened before nodding and running off.

"Wait!" I called but he was already out of earshot. "I'll go after him to see if he's alright." I said to Aizawa. "Please look after Kota."
Aizawa nodded and I activated my quirk in my feet before running down the path Midoriya went.

I ran, slowly hearing the sounds of fighting get louder and louder before green flashed in front of me.
I arrived at the area Tiger and Mandalay were, seeing Midoriya break through Spinner's giant sword made of swords.
"Mandalay! Kota's okay, so is (Y/n)!" He yelled to her. "And here's a message from Mr. Aizawa! Tell everyone with Telepath!"

He quickly relayed what Aizawa said and Mandalay told everyone with her quirk, which I was positive everyone heard, except for the villains.
"You! Get back to camp quickly!" Mandalay told Midoriya as she kicked Spinner in the head, seeing his injuries. "These aren't normal injuries!"

"No....I'm sorry! Please tell everyone one more thing! The villains....at least one of their targets is Kacchan, please tell everyone with telepath!"

Midoriya ran off, with me following behind and seeing Mandalay's confused face.
"Mandalay! They're after Bakugo Katsuki!"
Magne saw Midoriya run by her, before going after him, but was stopped as Spinner threw a throwing knife her way.

"Hey! He was on the priority kill list!" Magne yelled.
"That's just Shigaraki's personal desire!" Spinner said calmly.
"Spinner! What did you come here to do?!"
"That child is someone Stain wished to save! In other words, a person worthy of being called a hero!"

I ran after Midoriya, jumping into the foliage and seeing the faint green in front of me fading away quickly.

I heard Mandalay say who one of the villains targets were in my head as I followed behind Midoriya, getting worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up.

"Midoriya! Slow down!" I yelled, getting no response.

I heard a gunshot, freezing for a second as it echoed around the place, getting worried.

'What the fuck?'

But I continued running, if the villains were after Bakugo, I knew Shoto was with him and I didn't want anything to happen to the both of them.

I stopped as I saw Midoriya fly my way, barreling into me and knocking the both of us over. The wind was knocked out of my chest as I landed with a weight on top of me.

"Midoriya? Are you?-" I started before he was pulled off of me and wrapped in Shoji's arms and put onto his back. "Shoji?"

He looked exhausted, his shirt and shorts being scuffed and ripped with blood dripping from one of his arms, but it seemed like he wasn't in much pain.

"Those injuries...you shouldn't be moving anymore, should you?" He asked, looking to Midoriya then me.

I shook my head. "Probably not, but it's most likely the adrenaline."

"He's only thinking on saving his friend...what are we going to do with you?" Shoji sighed before I spoke up.

"What happened? If I know correctly, you would have been with Tokoyami?" I asked. "And have you seen Ragdoll anywhere?"

"We only saw her at the halfway mark, then haven't seen her since. We were together before being ambushed by villains, and I covered us." Shoji explained, looking at the bloody arm. "But that triggered the quirk he'd been desperately trying to hold back...."

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion about Tokoyami's quirk but knew it was bad judging from Midoriya's panicked look.

"Don't tell me...."
"Yeah."
We looked ahead of us, where a dense part of the forest was, it being nearly pitch black when looking into it.
"If we want to get through here, we'll have to do something about this first...." Shoji explained before a dark beast burst out with a roar.

I screamed a little, covering my mouth, seeing Tokoyami's Dark Shadow being huge with red eyes, so unlike how it usually was during the sports festival with it's yellows eyes.

"Get....away....from me...!" Tokoyami told us, his head being covered in the shadow. "You'll die!"

And that was the second time I learnt what true fear was from this training camp.

Word count: 1042 words