Chapter 2

"So, how was your day?" I asked Shoto as we sat at the bridge after school.
"Boring I guess...I was looking forward to seeing you again." Shoto said, looking up at the sky.

"How so?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

For the past week after my parent's death...we had been meting up after school for awhile before I had to go meet Aunt Shino to take me home.

I mean, it was nice to have someone to talk to and share some common interests with.

"I don't know, school's boring along with my father's relentless training...you're a nice change of pace." He said, the tips of his ears turning a bright red.

"Right..." I said, feeling a little more cheerful.

"So, what are you going to do after middle school? Go to a hero course?" Shoto asked, changing the subject.

I rubbed the back of my neck with an awkward smile. "I don't think so...I don't really want to be a hero." I lied.

The truth is, I would love to be a hero, protecting others when they can't protect themselves, making them feel safe.

But with my brother who thinks that our parents abandoned us for hero work and that heroes are only there for fame and fortune is not all that good. I don't want him to feel alone in the world if I was ever going to become one.

"You sure?" Shoto asked with a confused face. "I mean..who doesn't want to be a hero? I've seen your quirk and it seems like a pretty awesome one."

"I just...want to help out around the place at home, like helping my brother and Aunt and her group." I said, rubbing my neck again.

"What about you?" I asked.

"My father would probably want me to go to U.A." He said in a monotone.

"Um, sorry if you mind me asking this....but what's the deal with your father?" I asked timidly.

He blinked, going silent for a bit.

"Sorry for asking I-" I started quickly but got cut off.

"He sent my mother away...." Shoto said quietly. "For something he caused....the bastard."

"Um...what did he do? If you don't mind me asking...." I asked.

"He wanted a child to surpass All Might, considering he is the 2nd best hero, so he exploited my mother for her quirk for his offspring to be powerful." Shoto explained.

I nodded before my eyes widened.

"Your father is Endeavour?" I asked quickly, gaining a nod from him.

"Yes....." He said, looking in a different direction.

"So, continue." I said, resting my elbows on my knees.

"So....once I was born he thought I had the most potential.....so he trained me relentlessly making everyday train, train, train." He mumbled. "My mother tried to stop it, but that never worked.......then one day I heard her on the phone, she was crying......I asked her what was wrong, then she grabbed the kettle and..........."

He trailed off, his hand automatically going up to the scar around his left eye.

"Ever since that I refuse to use my left side in battle."

I was silent, feeling a little sad for him, but nodded, not really wanting to pry anymore into his business.

"Yeah....I don't really want to talk about this anymore." He said.

I nodded. "So......did you see this morning's fight?" I asked.

"Yeah, pretty cool."

We continued talking for around an hour before Aunt Shino told me via her quirk she was there to pick me up.

I sighed and started standing up, grabbing my bag in the process. "Well, my Aunt's here, so I'll see you tomorrow?"

He nodded before shaking his head. "It's the weekend tomorrow, my father probably wants me to train more....but I can see if I can sneak off or something..."

"Alright!" I said, giving him a smile. "Well I may see you tomorrow then! Bye!"

I shouldered the bag and walked off to where Aunt Shino had agreed to meet me to pick me up.

"So, how was it?" Aunt Shino asked as I climbed into the front seat next to her.

"Good, is it okay if I can come back tomorrow, considering its the weekend?" I asked as we slowly drove off.

"Sure, just don't do anything too bad." She said with a slight smirk.

"Aunt Shino, he's just a friend." I said, knowing what the smirk was for, every time I asked to go out somewhere with a friend, no matter who it was. "Besides, I'm only twelve and don't like guys."

"Uh huh.....sorry, trying to lighten the mood." She said as we started driving up the mountain.

"It's okay." I said, looking out the window, past her head, to look at the view.

"How's Kota?" I asked.

"He had to leave early from his childcare."
"What, why?" I asked.

"He had a breakdown...some kids were asking him what had happened to his parents since they saw them on the news and knew Kota was related to them." Aunt Shino explained.

"Oh, what's he doing now?" I asked, noticing he wasn't in the car seat.

"Locked himself in your shared room." She replied. "I'm a little worried though I hope he'll calm down when he sees you."

I nod, feeling a little worried and concerned for my younger brother.

We arrived home where I saw Ryuko standing out the front with a worried look.
"Hello, Ryuko." I said with a grin as I got out of the car. "What's wrong?"

"I'm worried about Kota, I heard a crash from your room but he won't let us in." Ryuko said.

Now I was even more concerned. "I'll go check on him." I said, hurrying inside towards our shared room.

As I got there I tried opening the door, but something was blocking it from the inside.

"Go away." Came Kota's voice from the room, sounding like he had been crying.

"Kota, it's me, (Y/n)." I said, hoping that would reassure him.

It went silent, but I felt the weight from the door leave along with some shuffling sounds.

I tried the door again, which opened quietly.

"(Y/n)!" Kota cried, running over to me and hugging my stomach, burying his face in my shirt.

I leant down and hugged him back, feeling some tears fill my eyes but held them back.

"Someone said mum and dad abandoned us for hero work and when you didn't come home for a long time I thought the worse!" Kota cried, now crying into my shoulder.

"It's okay, I'm still here." I said in a soothing tone, rubbing circles on his back to calm him down. "I'm still here..."

He cried for a little more before calming down but pointed to a pillow on the ground, which looked like it was covering something.

"The picture broke." He sniffed out, wiping his nose.

I walked over to the pillow and lifted it up to see the frame holding the picture of me, Kota, mum and dad face down. I gently picked it up to see a crack in the glass.

"Sorry." Kota sniffed.

"No harm done." I said, putting it on the shelf, though farther back so it wouldn't fall off again. "How about I get changed then we can raid the pantry for snacks and we can watch a movie together?" I suggested to get his mind off of mum and dad.

He smiled, seeming to have calmed down a lot and nodded.

"Yeah! I think I saw Yawara hiding his chocolate bars in there earlier, maybe we could get a couple of those!" Kota said, a mischievous glint in his eye.

"Okay, you go chose a movie and I'll get changed." I said, seeing him nod and run off.

I smiled to myself before carrying on and getting changed from my school uniform into some more comfortable clothes.

Word count: 1324 words