Chapter 6

I crashed into the side of a building before jumping out of the way to avoid the robot trying to run me over.

I activated my quirk again and managed to grab the robot and move it to crash into another wall, crushing it in the process.

'That's at least 18 points so far.' I thought to myself as I panted and deactivated my quirk before running down the streets to find another robot.

"5 minutes left!" I heard someone yell, making me pick up my pace as I ran past multiple destroyed or deactivated robots.

I skidded to a stop as two 2-pointer robots loomed over me.

I activated my quirk, though deactivated it as I saw the robots spazz before falling on the ground. I looked around for who stopped them to see a girl running off, her ears seeming to have some sort of extensions.

'Ok, don't get off track, we need more points.' I thought to myself and running further into the faux city.

I saw a huge 3 pointer robot ahead, but noticed multiple hopefuls heading towards it.

'There has to be some more robots.' I thought before, surprise, surprise, three 1-pointer robots showed up, surrounding me.

I activated my quirk and managed to get two of the robots to smash into each other before getting cornered by the last one.

I saw a large scrap piece from another robot and used my quirk to grab that and slice the one in front of me, hopefully gaining three points from that.

"And we're done! Thank you for coming here today!" The voice said as I panted from exhaustion once I deactivated my quirk.

'I've gotten around 21 points....I'm probably not going to get through.' I thought to myself, slightly relieved.

"Everybody start heading back to the gates you came through." The voice said again.

'Crap.' I thought to myself as I realised that I forgot where the entrance for the city was, but managed to spy some students walking in a direction, making me follow after them.

I walked from U.A. once everyone had came back from their battle centres, and once we were told that our results will come in a day or two.

I had bumped into Mina again (well she was pretty easy to see in a crowd) and we decided to walk together.

We walked and talked, telling jokes and thoughts on how well we did in the exam until I noticed a certain dual hair coloured person standing on the outskirts of the school.

I felt myself smile a little as I saw Shoto standing there.

"Oooh, who's that?" Mina asked as she looked the same way I was looking.

"Hey, Shoto!" I called, raising my hand to wave to him, getting a wave back.

"Friend of yours?" Mina asked, making me look at her.

"Oh, yeah." I said, rubbing my neck with a smile. "Want to meet him?"

She checked her phone quickly and sighed. "I would love to but I have something happening later today to get ready, so I'll see you some time." She explained.

"Alright, I'll see you!" I said as she walked off another way with a wave before getting into a car before walking over to where Shoto was standing.

"Hi." I said, feeling my cheeks get warm.

"Hey." He said with a smile. "How did it go?"

"Good, though I don't think I managed to get enough points." I said sheepishly.

"I'm sure you did well." He said genuinely, making me grin. "So, who was that you were talking to?" He asked, referencing Mina.

"Oh, that was someone I met here, she seemed nice." I said with a shrug. "I forgot to ask, how was your exam?"

"Good I guess, there was around 5 people and I think I have a good chance on getting through." He said in a slight monotone.

"Cool." I said, looking out to the street to see if Aunt Shino's car was here already, but saw no sign of it.

"I said I would meet my Aunt outside here." I said, spying a bench where three people were walking past. "You want to sit down?"

"Sure." Shoto shrugged and we made our way over to the bench before sitting down.

I realised how much my feet hurt and how exhausted I was from the exam once I sat down, letting out a sigh of satisfaction as I did, pulling out my water bottle.

I took a huge gulp of water before wiping my mouth and sitting back in the seat.

"You alright?" Shoto asked, looking at me.

"Yeah, just my quirk leaves me dehydrated if used for a long time, so I suck at endurance stuff." I said with a laugh, him nodding in understanding.

"Right." He said with a nod.

We fell in silence and I felt my heart speed up as my breathing levelled out.

"So, why did you come here?" I asked, realising I didn't tell him when I was going to the exams.

I saw him stiffen a little as well as a slight tinge of colour coming to his face.

"Uh......I just wanted to say hi." He said, scratching the back of his head, diverting his gaze.

"Oh, alright." I said, giving him a grin. "So, how have you been?"

We talked for another 15 minutes until I noticed Aunt Shino's car pulling up and the window rolling down.

"Hey (Y/n), you ready?" Shino called, dark sunglasses covering her face. "And ooooh, is this Shoto? The one you've been talking about all the time?"

I felt Shoto stiffen again. "N-Nani?" He said with a confused face.

I felt my face become darker as I stood up, grabbing my drink bottle.

"Well I'll be going, we can text later if you want..." I said before walking towards the car quickly, hearing a goodbye from him.

I got into the car and shot a glare at my aunt.

"What?" She asked, though the smirk on her face still remained.

"You just embarrassed me in front of my friend!" I said crossly, earning a laugh from her.

"Come on, I'm just having some fun." She said with a grin.

I let out a huff and leant my head on the window. "Can we just go now?"

We turned around and drove past the school again, where I looked out the window to see Shoto still sitting there with a slightly perplexed and confused face as he stared after the car.

"Sorry." I whispered under my breath with a grimace, realising that could've played out smoother.

Word count: 1105 words