Chapter 52

The rest of the festival was enjoyable, we watched the beauty pageant where Kendo, a third-year girl from the support course named Bimbi, Nejire along with a few other students participated in, showing off their skills or quirks in an attempt to woo the judges.

All of the performances were amazing and once they were all done we were told to vote before 5pm, where the final winner would be about.

Monoma had to be escorted off the stage after climbing onto it and yelling for people to vote for Kendo.

I wrote down who I was voting for and slid it into the ballot box, wondering who would win.

Shoto and I walked around the place, participated in a small obstacle course, took photos behind a cut out with principal Nezu and the school building painted on it, shared some crepes, got scared through the haunted house maze class C created, looked at what the support students made, and found out Nejire won the beauty pageant.

Soon enough, the festival was over and it was time to head back to the dorms or pack up for the day. Shoto had to take a phone call, so I offered to help class C with packing up the haunted house, which they accepted and it felt like I was back in the class again, joking around and hanging out with my classmates.

———

"Today was a blast right?" I asked as I flopped onto my back on my bed next to Shoto.
"Yeah, you're a great dancer." He complimented.
"And you're a...great organiser." I replied back with a grin.

"Oh yeah, while you were helping class C pack up, Mr. Aizawa said there were some visitors coming tomorrow."
"Really?"
"Yeah, we're not sure who, he didn't say."

"Weird..." I replied, moving my arms to act as a pillow underneath my head. "How was the phone call?"
"It's fine, Fuyumi was calling to ask something."

"Ah ok." I nodded before yawning. "Man, I'm super tired."

"I can leave and let you get some rest...I do have a couple of things to finish up." Shoto started, about to sit up before I grabbed him, pulling him back down with me.

"No, I want cuddles." I murmured, loosely wrapping my arms and legs around him. "You can leave when I'm asleep."
He sighed but I could see the small smile on his face. "Fine." And shuffled a bit to get comfy. "Goodnight, (Y/n)."

"Night night...." I replied sleepily, shutting my eyes and slowly fell asleep.

———

'I wonder when the visitors are coming, it's starting to get dark...' I thought as I looked out the window.

Currently most of the class were just hanging out in the common area, some working together to work on schoolwork while a few other students and I played Uno.

I grinned deviously as I placed a plus 4 card onto the pile, hearing Kaminari groan.

"Again? Really?" He said, picking up 4 more cards and adding it to his hand. "You guys really have it out for me."
"Can't help it." I joked, looking at my cards. "The colour will be blue."

We continued playing for a little until there was a knock at the door, causing us to look over to it.

"They're here everyone! Greet them!" Iida instructed as he pulled the door open.

"Lock on with these sparkling gazes!"
"We've come to lend a paw and help!"
"Coming out of nowhere..."
"Stingingly cute and catlike!"
"Wild, Wild...Pussycats!" Aunt Shino, Yawara, Ryuko and Tomoko finished, posing as they usually would, just in their civilian attire.

"Pussycats! Long time no see!" Iida greeted with a bow as more students walked over.

I was about to run over and give them each a hug before noticing Kota awkwardly standing there to the side.
I threw my cards down, not caring if others saw them and beelined it to my little brother.