Chapter 9

"A field trip?" I asked, tilting my head to the side. "After yesterday?"

"Yeah, kind of weird, but I won't be here for the rest of the day." Shoto said with a shrug. "We're doing rescue related stuff."

"Oh cool, well have fun!" I said with a grin as the bell went. "I've got to get to class."

"Ok, see ya." Shoto said with a faint smile as I walked off.

"Bye." I said, walking away, but an uneasy feeling settled in my stomach as I walked off.

———

Not much happened, just the usual lessons and that, I decided to sit with Shinsou and Kamoku at lunch since they were the only ones I really knew at the school that weren't in the hero course.

Though I felt like something was off, after the whole emergency evacuation yesterday, why would the hero course still continue to go on a field trip?

"(Y/n), (Y/n)?" Shinsou asked, taking me out of my thoughts.

"Hm? Yeah, sorry." I said, looking out the window but did a double-take.

I saw one of the hero students, I think it was Iida in his costume, running at full speed towards the school.

More worry settled in my gut as I stood up suddenly.

"You alright there (Y/n)?" Shinsou asked.

"Something's not right, I'll be back." I said, quickly walking out from the lunch area before running down the hallways to find a teacher.

As I ran I bumped into someone and fell back onto my rear.

"Oh, sorry about that." A smooth voice said, extending a hand.

I grabbed it and hauled myself up to see it was the pro hero, Midnight.

"Oh uh, sorry." I said, feeling my face heat up out of embarrassment and stared at her face, not looking down.

"Everything alright?" She asked, worry lacing her tone.

"I saw a student from the hero course running towards the school, I feel that something's not right." I explained.

Her face fell into concern. "That's worrying, thank you for telling me, now go back to lunch."

I walked back to the lunch area and sat down back at the table.

"You alright?" Shinsou asked.

"Yeah, though I don't think everything's alright for the hero course." I said.

"Oh, well the pro heroes will handle it I'm sure." He said.

I nodded, picking up my utensils and continuing to eat my lunch, though I still felt a little unsettled.

———

I had walked alone to where Aunt Shino would pick me up, Shoto wasn't there surprisingly, usually he was, but that just made my uneasiness grow.

The second I had gotten home I turned the tv on and flicked through to the news channel, seeing nothing out of the ordinary about U.A.

I sighed and went to get changed before I heard the tv, making me rush back.

"There was a villain attack at the USJ located in U.A. Pro heroes stated that they have never seen this many villains working together. The attack was placed onto class 1-A who were there for the day but there were no fatal injuries." The reporter said into the microphone on the tv.

Some statements from police then followed up, but I didn't really pay attention, more like staring at the class behind them.

I saw a guy with a tail, one with multiple arms, an emo with a bird head, a floating pair of gloves....weird, a girl I quickly adverted my eyes because of her suit, Izuku and a bit of Ochako for a second, and then Shoto.