Chapter 50

So, we had a whole month of no schoolwork, just dedicated to getting ready for the festival. Which was great since then we didn't have to worry about much.

All of the work study students had extra classes, so they would be helping out a little less because of it, but they all promised to help as much as they could when they were all caught up.

As for now, the rest of us were gathered in the lounge area of the dorms.

"The school festival is exactly one month away!" Iida announced. "We don't have much time, so we should decide various things today!"
"First, we need to decide on a song, huh?" Hagakure asked, "What should we do?"
"I don't know much about stuff like that, so I'll go along with what you guys think." Ojiro admitted.

"Same here."

"Anyway, since it's for everyone, shouldn't we do a song most people know?" Kaminari asked. "We should do something with a beat!"
"Something you can dance to!" Mina cried excitedly.

"If I put together everyone's opinions, then we're looking at a four-on-the-floor new rave type of club rock song." Jiro replied after a moment. "For dance music, we should really be playing EDM, but you guys want to play instruments, right?"

I stood there with a confused expression, since when did music have all these kinds of words for them?
It seemed like a few others were just as confused as I was as the room went quiet for a moment, turning to Jiro.

"Has anyone ever played bass or drums or anything?" She asked, gaining silence in response. "Right...well first, the backbone of a band is the drums, but I mainly play guitar, so honestly, I'm still learning drums. Teaching a beginner and practicing myself will be a lot to do in just a month."

"Oh, didn't you say you were made to take music classes as a kid?" Kaminari asked, looking over to Bakugo, who looked confused.

"Really? That's surprising!" Mina exclaimed.
"Bakugo, try playing the drums a little." Sero said, holding up a pair of drumsticks.

"Like I'd do that." Bakugo scoffed, turning away.

"I hear it's pretty hard." Sero egged, seeming to strike a nerve with him, as he stomped over, ripped the drumsticks out of his hands and stomped over to a drumkit that some of the students assembled earlier today.

He sat down and started playing for a little, it was impressive to be honest, until he stopped.

"Well?!" He asked as everyone stared in surprise.
"There he is! Mr. Talented!" Mina cried with a grin.
"Bakugo's gotta be on the drums!" Denki added.

"Huh?" He questioned, standing up. "I'm not doing anything so stupid."
"Bakugo, please!" Jiro cried, running over to him. "I mean, if you do it, it'll definitely turn out good!"

"There's no way it'll be good!" Bakugou yelled, sending us into silence. "It's that, right? Some empty promise to let students from other courses blow off steam?"

I looked to the side, unsure where he was going for this.

"For the cause of that stress to do that...if that's not self-satisfaction, then what is? There's no way they'd take that quietly from people they are mad at!"

"Hey, you don't have to say it like that!" Hagakure cried, sounding irritated.
"That's exactly what I'm talking about!" He countered.

"It's true that we may have not been considerate enough..." I heard Iida mutter behind me.
"You didn't participate in the discussion, so don't complain about it now." Shoto replied with an annoyed look.

"Doesn't it make you mad? It's not like we wanted to be messed around with by the villains. Why do we have to think about how they feel? If you guys are doing this to make them feel better, then stop right now! We've gotta hit 'em! We're not here to make friends, we're here to fight! If we're gonna do this, we've got to be serious!"