Chapter 34

I scrunched up my eyes as the sunlight poured into my eyes as I opened them, feeling something around my waist.

I slowly shuffled in my spot to see Shoto right next to me, eyes closed and face peaceful arms around me.

I felt my face heat up as the reality of the situation sunk in, my stomach erupting with butterflies as I tried to stay still to not wake him.

I saw someone standing in the corner of my peripheral vision and I moved my head and felt my blood run cold.

Aunt Shino was standing in the doorway with a shit-eating grin on her face, hiding something behind her back.

"Go away." I whisper-yelled to her, feeling my face burn even brighter.

"Well, Ryuko owes me five bucks now." She said, "anyway, I'm making pancakes soon." before she closed the door and walked away.
"What? Wait!" I whisper-yelled back to her but she was gone.

I grumbled and looked back at the person next to me, just admiring him in the sunlight, how part of his hair flopped on the side of his head as he slept.

I smiled to myself and rested my head on the pillow, closing my eyes and basking in the moment.

After a few minutes of silence he stirred, sleepily opening an eye and looking at me.

"Morning." He mumbled as he stretched.
"Good morning, Aunt Shino said she'll be making pancakes." I said as I sat up.

———

We trudged out of the room and took a seat at the breakfast bar before I slipped off.
"You want a drink?"
"Um, I'll have whatever you're having."

Soon we were drinking juice and feasting on a stack of pancakes that Shino made before Kota walked in, taking a seat next to me and grabbing a plate of pancakes that she set aside for him.

———

After breakfast and just vibing and watching movies, Shoto had to go home eventually.

I admit I was a little sad, but we could always arrange to meet up again and the holidays were going to be over soon.

———

I stood there, hands on my knees and panting, throat screaming at me for water.

I grabbed my drink bottle and sat down next to Shinso, chugging almost the entire bottle as Nezu looked at the two of us happily.

"You two have certainly went past our expectations, you've met the full requirements of the hero course!"

I grinned at Shinso, who sent a weary smile back as we caught our breath.

"I can tell you've both worked very hard and definitely have improved since day 1. You two will join the hero course next term and join the dormitories." Nezu explained.

I smiled at him, at a loss for words and out of breath, feeling very accomplished and excited.
"Thank you sir, we won't let you down." I said.
"I'm sure you won't." He grinned.

"Now, I have to inform you, as you know there will be dorms on campus now that you will move to for easier transport to school. You will have to pack and choose some furniture you would like in your room." Nezu explained, us nodding in understanding.

We changed out of our P.E. Uniforms that we had worn for the training into just our usual attire.

We bid our goodbyes and went our separate ways.

Word count: 563 words