Chapter 13

"I didn't know your quirk could do that." Shoto said as we walked down the road with different stalls either side.

"Neither did I." I admitted. "I really found out only a couple of weeks ago." I said with a grin.

"Well either way, it still helped us win." He said with a faint smile.

"Hey, what were you talking to Midoriya about?" I asked, remembering when he pulled him into the corridor.

"Uh...I was just asking him something, but it wasn't true..." Shoto shrugged, looking around. "So, what should we get for lunch?"

"Hmmmm...." I said, looking around.

I did see a mochi stand that seemed a lot like the one from the shopping district, which I quickly glanced over.

"Sushi?" I suggested, pointing to a sushi stall ahead. "Or maybe dango...or tempura?" I said again, jeez there were a lot of choices to choose from.

"What about a platter of all?" Shoto suggested, pointing to a stall that was selling platters that seemed cheaper than all three brought separately.

"Sure." I said and we walked over to the stall.

We ordered the platter but we were asked who was paying.

"I'll pay." We both said at the same time, making us chuckle.

"No I will." I said, pulling out my wallet.

"It's fine, I can." Shoto said, pulling out a credit card.

"How about we go halves?" I suggested.

"Sure." He shrugged.

I gave the server half the price in cash while Shoto swiped his card, which seemed to have 'ENDEAVOUR' written on the back, but I didn't question it.

"Enjoy your meal you two." The server said, handing down the platter and some chopsticks.

We found an empty table and sat down, starting to eat out of the platter, which was delicious.

"(Y/n)!!" I heard multiple voices call from in front of me.

I looked from behind Shoto to see Mandalay, Pixie Bob and Tiger walking towards us with grins.

'Shit, no, no, no.' I thought to myself in a panic but they had already walked over.

"(Y/n)! You did a great job out there!" Mandalay complimented with a grin. "And so did you Todoroki." She said.

Shoto bowed. "Thank you. Though I am curious, how do you know (Y/n)?"

"Oh he lives with us, has been for the past few years." Mandalay said casually. "Ever since that..day..."

I looked at them, looking down the path and slightly telling them to leave which Ryuko thankfully picked up on.

"Well it would be nice to have a chat, but we have to do some patrols, we'll see you later!" Ryuko said, swiftly pulling Mandalay and Tiger with her, though Mandalay left a box of something on the bench.

I breathed a sigh of relief and turned around to face Shoto, who had a questioning face,

"Penny for your thoughts?" I asked, eating some more sushi off the platter.

"Is one of them your aunt?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, I've been living with them for awhile since my parents died."

"If you don't mind me asking...who were your parents?" Shoto asked, eating some tempura off the platter.

"Well, do you remember the Pro Heroes Water Hose?" I asked.