Chapter 20

I sat down at the table Kamoku and Shinso were sitting at, placing down my tray first.

I knew I wouldn't see Shoto for awhile over the next week since he was at his internship, which meant I would be a little lonely.

But I still have Kamoku and Shinso to hang out with, so that's a plus.

Each day dragged on longer and longer as Shoto was gone, homework seemed to last longer than it usually did, and training with Aizawa and Shinso seemed to go on forever.

Not that I was complaining about it.

Though each exercise we did seemed to be getting repetitive, either dueling each other, doing exercises like pushups and sit ups or going up against Aizawa.

I was taken out of my thoughts as Kamoku nudged my arm.

"Hm? Sorry." I said, looking at him.

"The bell went for class, we gotta get going." Shinso said before looking at my tray. "And you haven't eaten anything."

"Oh no!" I said, quickly devouring my food in record time, leaving both Shinso and Kamoku with confused and perplexed faces.

"Well, let's get to class!" I said after I dumped my tray, leading the two back to the class.

———

"Today we're going to be doing something different." Aizawa said that afternoon to me and Shinso. "You two are going to be navigating the forest to get back here before the sun has fully set."

"But how?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

"That's why I have Pixie Bob to help me here." Aizawa said.

I gulped as she knelt down and put her hands on the ground to manipulate the earth underneath us.

"Good luck to you both." Aizawa said, looking between me and Shinso.

I looked over to Shinso and nodded at him, who nodded back with a smirk.

The earth beneath us rumbled and shot up pushing us into the sky before bending and throwing us as if we were little paper dolls somewhere into the depths of the forest.

I fell, knowing if I don't break my fall I would probably have more than a broken neck.

I activated my quirk to grab onto a tree branch and brought myself closer to it, but ended up winding myself from getting the branch into my stomach.

I landed on the ground with a thump, clutching my stomach to regain my breath.

"That...wasn't very...thought out...wasn't it...?" I said to myself between wheezes.

Once I got my breath back I looked around, trying to determine where I was, but the trees and dense foliage made it hard to figure it out.

I activated my quirk to help me climb up a tree carefully to see above all the trees.

I looked around and saw the house in the distance where Shinso and I were previously.

'Wait, where is Shinso?' I thought to myself, trying to see where he was, but didn't see a flash of purple anywhere. 'Well if I start walking now I'll probably get there before sundown.' I thought, climbing down.

———

"What even is this exercise for again?" I asked myself aloud as I trudged through the forest.

I heard a rustle behind me and froze, slowly turning around but was met with nothing, I turned around again to see Tiger standing there.

"Surprise attack!" He yelled, punching me in the stomach and making me stumble back a few paces.