2.11

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━Part 11, Act 2Falling back InDecisions━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━
Part 11, Act 2
Falling back In
Decisions
━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

Since the party happened Yuhkei had been actively ignoring Valerie. Though it was kind of hard due to them being partners but he somehow managed to keep his lips shut unless they were doing work together or until she annoyed him enough to make him snap.

Though, four days of having Valerie attempting to get him to speak to her proved to be too much for the male.

" So when are you going to explain yourself?" Valerie whispered to the male as he wrote on a piece of paper while their teacher went on with their lecture.
He paused his writing for a moment but rather than responding he shook his head before going back to the work.
" Hey, I've put up with this silent treatment shit for too long." Valerie huffed, pouting as she shoved the male's non-dominant arm.
This time he fully stopped writing, turning to her with a stare that spoke an emotion she couldn't figure out," You? You've been putting up with this?"
Clearly Valerie blew a fuse that she didn't know the full intensity of but even with him speaking venomously towards Valerie she continued on," Yeah, I have. All I did was go to a party I was invited to and you happened to see me. I'm sorry that you're overprotective because of Wonpil!"
" That's all you think this is fucking about?" The male snapped, almost raising his voice loud enough for those to hear around them but he quickly caught himself before he was able to," Listen, I've been nice and all that because of the shit going on with Wonpil but you going to a party there is the issue. You being involved in that life isn't something I'm going to be nice about, especially when it's obvious that you fucked him."
" Listen, just because I went clubbing in your neighborhood and decided to get laid for the first time since leaving Daegu doesn't mean you have the right to be a dick!" Valerie scoffed, not fully understanding what his issue was.

Yeah, it was the underground of Seoul, but she knew how to defend herself in that setting. Ontop of that she wasn't too sure as to what he knew in this situation, along with what role he played in the grand scheme of things.

" You really have no idea where you were and who you were with... Do you?" Yuhkei questioned slowly, taking in her words as she continued to play dumb.
" I'm not all too sure as to who you are either Mr." Valerie huffed, pushing his arm lightly," Who is Lucas?"
The male inhaled deeply, his eyes refusing to find a specific place to focus until he collected a breath," Well, you already know I live over there. It's kind of like my street name? I keep my school life, so my normal self around people, separate from my street life. So everyone over there knows me as Lucas... I'm honestly one of the few people who stayed in the district after being raised there so everyone knows me. Especially with my job being over there."
" Job? What kind?" Valerie questioned despite already knowing before immediately getting shut down by Lucas.
" No no, we're staying to the original topics." He tutted before continuing on," The guy you were with is Johnny Suh, he's from America and since he joined the party scene there has been an increase of lacing and sexual assault cases. I was kind of worried that one of those things were going to happen to you... So I tried stepping in... But clearly I learned you know Jay so it was obvious that wasn't going to happen—"
" Huh? What do you mean by that? Does Jay have a heavy influence?" Valerie caught on quickly, trying to make him go a bit slower for her," And listen, you don't know if it was him unless you genuinely have evidence against him. If someone says he did I'll believe it but right now it's kind of alleged."
" Well, Jay is known just for the fact that he deals... but if you mean at a position where you'd wish you killed yourself instead of fucking with him, yeah he's up there too." Lucas shrugged, though it wasn't all too surprising because Jay was the main dealer of the underground as far as Valerie knew," But evidence or not that's not how my neighborhood works. No one will own up to stuff like that when it'll ruin their reputation unless another group is willing to take them in due to their ranks. Of course, it's obviously not the nicest of groups to be indoctrinated into though."
Valerie nodded on trying to think over all the information before questioning the male," Well, that's nice to know and all but you still haven't really explained much about yourself... Like did you lie about your life at all?"
" No no no!" Lucas began to rush before catching himself becoming defensive and blushed at his reasoning behind it," No... I've been truthful about everything... Everything entangling my neighborhood, besides telling you that I moved and live there, I've swerved around in conversations... It's not something I want you to be apart of, word of mouth or not."
" Well... It's nice to know that at least...." Valerie sighed before finally giving the male a pointed look regarding not wanting her involved," I obviously am involved some way or another as it is, and whatever you are involved in specifically I can handle. You idolize my father for christ's sake!"
Lucas rolled his eyes at the woman as he groaned out," Yeah, okay. Maybe I underestimate you a bit but the shit I'm involved in is the illegal side of what your dad does."
The words made Valerie's eyes widen instantly, her posture straightening as she turned to Lucas fully due to him admitting it," You're an underground fighter? Are you joking?"
" You know about that shit?" Lucas questioned before slowly thinking about Valerie's past," Wait... You're from Daegu?... And when we first met you said stuff about promising not to go back to a certain lifestyle... And talked about how you've been smoking for a long time... And then said something about being back in the real world... Were you involved with this stuff before?"