3.13

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━Part 13, Act 3Welcome to K-TownHigher Ups ━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━
Part 13, Act 3
Welcome to K-Town
Higher Ups
━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

Valerie woke up in an unfamiliar place. Her brain and eyes refused to register the night prior for a moment before she felt something wet lick at her face while her eyes were closed.

If she wasn't being french kissed by doggie breath she would have screamed in shock at first but once she realized she only knew one person who owned a dog she instantly relaxed as the puppy happily licked her face.

" Jesus Christ Bella, quit smothering her." A deep, raspy voice called out until the assault stopped suddenly once the sound of feet came nearby.

It was Lucas, seemingly just woken up by the fact that his hair was messy and his voice was much scruffier than normal.

Valerie was laying in the male's bed, thankfully near no windows due to her luck with them first thing in the morning. Her brain just couldn't connect where the male was if he sounded like he walked over to her.

" Well... morning," Lucas spoke grumpily, rubbing his eyes as he held the puppy near his chest that assaulted his neck with kisses.
" You're not a morning person, are you?" Valerie questioned, a slight giggle leaving her lips as she sat up and moved to scratch the dog behind the ears.
" Not when I sleep on the ground, no." The male rolled his eyes as he sat down on the bed beside the woman, though the words only made her frown.
" Why would you do that? It's your house, I would have slept on the ground." The woman obviously wasn't happy with the idea of the male being uncomfortable but with him sitting, the puppy wiggled out of his arms and launched back at Valerie until she smiled again.
" What kind of host would I be if I let you sleep on the floor?" Lucas questioned, though they both knew that he would have chosen the bed over the ground if it was anyone else," That and you shouldn't. If you woke up grumpy, I wouldn't know what to do. Especially if you're one of those bitchy people waking up."
The woman only rolled her eyes and smiled at his words while she snuggled with the puppy who started to relax slowly with the attention," Either way, I wouldn't lash out at you. Worst-case scenario, I would just hop in bed with you in the middle of the night."
The weird look on Lucas' face made Valerie instantly talk against it," Not like that, just to sleep weirdo."
The male rolled his eyes once more as he kept his mouth shut, watching Valerie with his puppy as they seemingly played together.

The woman was puzzling to the male. She was strong for her size, very level-headed, and down to Earth. It was shocking how her past was similar to his, how he was able to influence her thoughts and actions. Though, seeing her healing bruises it was obvious he didn't have that much of an influence the first night she went partying.

As if feeling Lucas' eyes on her she turned to look at him, his attention directly on her as she couldn't help but flush at the inquisitive look on his face," What? I know I just woke up but I can't look that bad... I even washed my face last night."
Her concern made him chuckle deeply, the sound almost making her blush more," Just thinking..."
" About?" Valerie questioned as the puppy tried to get her attention back by licking at her chin.
" About..." Lucas sighed as he tried to think about which part to talk about but the thing eating at him the most slipped out," Last Friday. When I saw you and Johnny..."
The mention made Valerie's eyebrows scrunch in confusion before she questioned Lucas again," What about it?"
Lucas breathed in, though her response should have been more than enough to give him his answer he continued to ask audibly," After you two left and... Y'know... Are you two...?"
" If you're suggesting anything other than being friends, I'd be happy to admit you're wrong." Valerie laughed softly, trying to figure out why he was asking," It was a one-time thing, I just got out of a rehab that made us stay away from the opposite sex outside of training, and I'm a woman with needs."
" Well... Why didn't you just go for Wonpil?" Lucas questioned before realizing how messed up that sounded," I didn't mean it like that— well I did but not like that, like that."
His clear worry about messing up his words made Valerie giggle, putting a finger to his lips to stop him from rambling," I get it. But frankly, I've been going to school for... Two weeks? And on my first day, I heard about him breaking up with someone publicly and how he slept with a girl that I met... Not exactly my top pick of people to sleep with."
That answer made Lucas bite the inside of his cheek as he thought about her words before being told to ask his question that was building," Well... If Johnny was a one-time thing and you have a list... Who's on it?"