4.16

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━Part 16, Act 4The BeginningsIf You Lose, You Die━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━
Part 16, Act 4
The Beginnings
If You Lose, You Die
━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

It's said in a study with 2,000 testers that someone who sleeps on the left side of the bed tend to be left-brained thinkers. They exhibit sides of imagination and creativity while also being more optimistic and happy while waking up. On the other hand people who are right side sleepers tend to be right brained, making them more analytical and logical while also waking up more pessimistic and upset. Showing that there is in fact a way to wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

" So fucking early..." Lucas grumbled, rubbing his face as he walked into the warehouse with a chipper Valerie behind him.

The two slept very differently. After their defense training Valerie convinced the male to go to The Upside down. What she hadn't expected was when Lucas drank he tossed and turned horrifically. Though once she was asleep not even a typhoon could have woken her up.

" It's not that bad." Valerie rolled her eyes playfully.
" Yeah Luke! It's not that bad!" Ten popped up from behind them, scaring the living daylights out of Lucas who instantly swung," Woah! Woah! Chill! I got here before you! Standing next to the door! Not my fault you didn't see me!"
" Stop calling me Luke, we've been over this, and two— you cannot fucking jump at me like that." Lucas groaned.

Clearly Lucas had slept on the wrong side of the bed.

" Mother fucker, I walked— anyways!" Ten shook off his response and turned to Valerie," Ready to train in offense with me first? Just a bit of a warning I'm pretty energetic in the morning."
" Oh fuck yeah, let me nap on the mat." Lucas groaned happily and made his way to a mat near a punching bag.
" Well, guess I have to be. Give me a second to warm up." Valerie hummed and opened her drink to take a sip of the protein powder shake.

The drink went down thickly, making her groan as she switched to her water bottle that she had in the opposite hand to wash it down quickly. She put down both of the drinks near the ring, putting her hair up with the hairtie on her wrist and tying the back of Lucas' shirt to make it less baggy.

Ten was stretching by the time Valerie made her way over, allowing her to crack her bones before he got into position to defend himself from the girl," You ready?"
" Yeah," Valerie hummed, getting into a fighting position," You?"
Ten nodded along with a smile but he immediately have to shift to duck as Valerie threw a punch," Jheeze, okay okay!"

Valerie always was stuck with the newbies. She had to train them since she joined but due to her, what seemed to be, talent while fighting she never had to train with someone. The person who was always difficult to train though was Jisung. His hand-eye coordination was absolute dog shit. Even outside of fighting he meant to punch her shoulder and somehow punched her in the boob.

Hense why Valerie always covers her tits the moment Jisung picks up a hand after training.

" Okay so pretty simple. Put your left— or right, whatever is opposite of your dominant hand, foot out—" Valerie stated while demonstrating," Then keep your hands near your face, thumbs to the lips. Your chin must be tucked into your shoulders. Then shoot your arm out like a rubber band. This is a Jab. Make sure to rotate your hand so your knuckles are up towards the ceiling, palm down, and elbow is straight. Looking over your hands should help you make sure you know where your punch is going to go."
" Uh.. okay..."
" Okay, so practice by punching next to my head. Not at my face, not my shoulder, not my ear, not my hair or whenever, next to my head." Valerie instructed, standing still as she watched Jisung get into position.
" She's gonna eat his knuckles." Yuna states with her arms crossed, watching the two in Valerie's dad's boxing ring after hours.
The man didn't know they were there but what he doesn't know won't hurt him.
" Nah, I think making it so he can physical see where he has to punch helps. His arm is going straight out. Unless he bends his arm she's fine." Dejun waves off the girl.