Prologue

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━Prologue ━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━
Prologue
━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

Since more generations came into the world censorship seems to have blindfolded us through trial and error. Family-friendly content so to say. It was the fact that children were being raised by coddling parents who baby their children while watching horror movies.

While parents refuse to acknowledge it, there is a non-censored part of the world left that some find themselves tumbling into every once in a while. This was the illegal underworld that rested in major cities around the world like in America and Japan. Connections inside the operations sometimes led back to the Mafia, at other times high-end companies— sometimes the government. Heads turn the higher you make it in the illegal world, allowing you to be able to get away with virtually anything.

Drugs, races, fights, gambling, marketing.

Some things happened in the world that not many heard or saw unless it was from the media- typically run by a rookie who knew nothing of the actual system, but contrary to how their world worked— the system in the ring was different.

Like drag races, there was a pot to be won with changing earnings at the end of every round or, if the city did it, 'season'. The pot was filled by bets and a fraction of cash made from charging people to watch, due to this the winner never knows the amount that they're getting but that's not what they're in it for. The fighters were in it for the rush rather than the money most of the time— though there were some in it just for that.

Fights run differently depending on where you're from but in a district in Daegu, South Korea it was run until one person either stepped out of the ring or they were completely knocked out. If the rush of adrenaline was the reason why most fought, that's exactly why there were two fighters located under a bar in Daegu.

The final fight of the night was exhilarating for the two, final fighters. It was so late in the night that it served as a pick-me-up to a partied-out person. They held the final match when the streets were almost bare if not for the druggies and party-goers trying to go home. This was also the time of the final race, being one of the only times that had an overlap between the two competitive games. Due to the overlap, this meant a single thing in the underground of Daegu.

It was 'twelves o'clock'.

Police often came and did their rounds due to these overlaps, finding it the time that they could catch a few people watching or participating in illegal events or activities while the sun slowly rose. With this information, everyone flooded out of the area the moment the competitions started if the word 'twelve' left anyone's lips.

While the fighting roster allowed the fighters to choose the times they wanted to show off at, the two fighters in Daegu felt facing off at the last fight of the day was the most exhilarating thing they could do.

The soft sounds of panting and leather shifting invaded the last ring under a bar, in fact, it was the only sound in the whole basement of the building that was used specifically for the fights. There was another noise in the room but to the two it was so faint they couldn't even hear it, it was the loud clubbing music that died down to a soft hum— though it was highly doubtful for the fighter with dyed hair to hear it even if they were silent.

Their room was the only one left with an active fight after someone came and informed the group with the special word. The spectators had flooded away from the scene instantly upon recognition but the two fighters had already planned on going through the fight then and there— even if one of the fighters didn't seem to be in the right state of mind.

A teen girl with messy bright blue dyed hair and a man with short brown hair was the last in the room, the girl swaying a bit as she tied her hair up in a messy bun as she warmed her aching muscles. The boy across from her seemed to be in perfect condition. The boy, like the girl, stretched his own deltoid muscles as his feet padded the cement ground lightly with her.

When the word 'ready' left the opponent as a question to start they immediately got into position. Their arms and hands guarded their faces in a boxing position, both counting to five in their heads before starting.

Five.

The front door of the bar busted open, causing the occupants to scream at the entrance of the armed officers apart of the district's police department. They forced their way in through the drunken bodies of bar occupants that rushed back against them like fish in their delirious states.

The officers, the best they could, looked around the area as they pushed away several drunk people who in turn, screamed and thrashed to give the officers a hard enough time to delay them the best they could from their search. Of course, if someone got on their nerves they'd push them to the ground and detain them.

Four.

The police officers gave up on their search of the bar and dance floor, walking towards the 'staff only' door next to the bar. The only thing that actually stopped them was the bar owner who calmly asked them why they were bothering the business for the third night in a row.

Three.

The Chief leading the stim operation shoved the woman out of the way, guiding his subordinates through the doors to go down the stairs that plugged into the darkness towards the basement. The yells of the owner came behind them, telling them they had no authority going down as she followed right behind.

Two.

As their feet barreled in they checked every room in the basement's long corridor of doors, finding a lack of people which wasn't too surprising seeing as how the sun was rising outside. Still, they persisted, rushing down the halls to search all the rooms, hopeful for their night would bring something, unlike the previous ones.

One.

The fighters rushed at each other, their fists swinging back to hit their opponent as if on reflex— but the moment they started the door slammed open with gun barrels poking through. The two barely noticed the company, well, the girl hopped up on drugs didn't.

Then it happened, while the man froze from the appearance of the police she swung full force towards his cheek. It was almost slow motion, her fist connecting with his skin as his head whipped towards the officers. Spit and blood splattered the Chief who was standing in front of the door, causing the girl to notice him only once the liquid landed on his vest.

" Hands up where I can see them!"