1.1

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━Part 1, Act 1Welcome to the UnderworldOne of the Nine Circles of the Inferno━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━
Part 1, Act 1
Welcome to the Underworld
One of the Nine Circles of the Inferno
━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

Gazing out past the locked glass windows, Valerie felt her anxiety rise up her throat. The feeling of looking down at the ground from the top of a skyscraper as a small child was the only way to describe the twisting in her stomach while her mind wandered.

Her first thought went to a scenario of if she was able to find her way out of the building and fell from her height. How she would have gotten out there? Who knew, but the feeling of free falling through the sky would have probably made her forget anyways.

The wind would blow through her hair to blind her most likely, seeing the sheer length it grew out to be. Like her eyes, would her mind go blank? Or would she have an immediate emotion before the ground came?

Would she feel fear? Contentment?

Would she even feel anything? Would her body go numb in realization of how close the ground was coming?

Her current being stayed grounded in the small Second Lieutenant apartment, though her thoughts went over her life up until this moment— trying to decide whether or not she regretted it all.

Valerie had many reasons as to why she would be upset with her life so far, demanding a refund of sorts for countless reasons— one being her getting stuck in the building she was rationalizing her own death in.

The building was a rehabilitation center that took her in when she was halfway into her senior year. The girl had been in an altercation with drugs after being a quote 'nuisance' around Camp Henry, her rehabilitation center.
Camp Henry is an army camp that worked to rehabilitate those with drug addictions by training them like they were in the military. The camp was next to where she grew up in Daegu, one known for athletics and the high occupancy rate of Olympic team members among the neighborhoods, this included Valerie's father who was a member of South Korea's National Wrestling team when Valerie was a toddler.

Valerie's father had fucked her situation up heavily due to the plea he forced upon her, putting her in the rehabilitation center nearby. If Valerie had just pleaded guilty by her own rules from the beginning, she was only going to do a year of community service. But instead, her father had gotten her a two year sentence in the rehab she resided in. She was lucky though, after going through her final year of high school and starting College a year and a half ago it was finally her final day in the building.

Valerie couldn't help but wander back to the agreement she was put under for her to leave the building in the first place, not quite being able to see how it was entirely lucky on her part when she had parole meetings to attend now like she would have to begin with. Though, maybe it was for the best seeing as how she was moving out of the city altogether to another part of South Korea where her childhood friends live now.