:: Chapter 6 :: Howarts and Professors

By an hour into nightfall, the train came to a stop, older kids trickled off and towards where they would need to go to get to the castle. While all the first years went off towards a giant male, waving a lantern all the while calling for them.

Percy had to leave with the older kids, per the letter he was given, and when he did leave. Harry became quieter like in Madam Malkins. Draco took it in stride as he to was quiet do to the fact he was also nervous-yet also excited to see Hogwarts.

The boys made it to the lake, climbed into a boat and soon had two more join them. A girl, and another boy. The girl introduced herself as Daphne Greengrass, and the other Blaise Zabini. Draco and Daphne started talking about houses as they waited, and the other two stayed quiet for completely different reasons.

Harry felt like he was being suffocated. As much as he loved his father, homeschooling didn't make him ready for this world. He wondered why his dad didn't tell him earlier, before he got his letter. But he shook his head and looked down at the dark water they rode on.

"You okay Harry?" Daphne asks as she looks at him, noticing his frown.

Blinking he looked up before shrugging at her. "I'm fine. What are the houses?" He said changing subject.

Raising an eyebrow she only let it go, for now. "The houses are what makes Hogwarts, Hogwarts I guess, it was made by four founders, Rowena Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff, Goodrich Gryfindor and last but most importantly, Salazar Slytherin. They were the teachers that started the school. And it's one of the best in Europe. Would be the top-if Dumbldore wasn't taking away many of the more important classes but, that's a subject for another time." Daphne waved her hand, and Harry seemed to be really interested into what she had to say.

"The houses each represent them, and their personalities. Ravenclaw is for the witted and studious, they're really smart-in one way or another. Logic and they use that a lot. Unlike Griffindor, they're brave and courageous but they always get into some dumb lucked trouble-don't get me wrong, I'm sure my Uncle Delpheus would be Griffindor and he's my favorite Uncle. Griffin it's just run in without thinking I suppose. Slytherin-cunning and ambitious. They actually think and smartly to get what they want. A lot of people take that all who go into Slytherin are bad. But really they're just more to their selves and sly. Plus it's a more prestigious house considering most that go there are from pure blooded families. We might all be in it, depends on the hat. Slytherin are really hard to describe when it's actually very versatile."

"That's the house I want to be in." Draco smirked as he turned to Harry beside him.

Smiling a little, Harry turned to him as well. "Hmm, you seem more Griffindor."

"Take that back!" Draco says affronted.

"Speaking of Slytherin and Griffindor, they're both very competitive, especially against each other. The houses are absolutely always bullying the other. It's how it's been since forever, as Godric and Salazar weren't best friends in anyway." Daphne pointed out as she smiled at Draco's outburst.

"What about Hufflepuff?" Blaise asks, monotonously as he looked to Daphne.

Blinking, she tried to keep a flush of red from escaping onto her cheeks. Shaking her head she smiled at him as she continued her house talk. "Hufflepuff is one of the best houses, though I'm not sure I'd get into it. They only get one or two students a year sometimes, but a lot have come recently so who knows? But usually, they would either fit all houses or fit none at all, they are usually the most loyal and friendliest types. They'll protect the ones they hold dear with their life. My mother told me to make sure I make friends with them-they don't bully Slytherins-they usually are the ones to stop it."