:: Chapter 24 :: Dragons

The weeks that followed the announcement of the champions-came another year of being ignored, bullied or straight up being called a cheat. Harry was getting tired that the school body seemed to be so inclined to like him one second, then hate him the next. It infuriated his friends more then him though.

Neville and Hermione were angrily upset at their house overall just because a housemate was also a Champion for Hogwarts. And surprisingly, Cedric agreed with them. But that didn't stop them from ignoring/hating Harry.

The boy found himself wanting to be alone a lot to think as days passed. His friends didn't mind but told him they were always there for him.

As he was sulking in a hallway hit much well traveled in, sitting in a window looking down at the lake with a blank expression. Draco watched from where he had come to find him with a thoughtful look himself. He hated seeing Harry so lost looking himself. It made his chest uncomfortably tight. And with Daphnes wise consult-including Hermiones. Then he was starting to guess as to why.

Walking up to the ravenette he smiled when the boy looked at him before he bit his lip and turned away from Draco. "Come on Potter. What's wrong?" He asked as he leaned next to the window, hands his his pockets as his eyes stayed focused on the hot in front of him.

Blinking, Harry tilted his head before turning to Draco. "I'm....scared." Harry found himself being honest to him. But he wasn't surprised, more felt the weight of saying what was bothering him come off his shoulders.

"Me too. But obviously not as scared as you are. Your off to fight in deadly trials." He paused seeing Harry's frown deepen. "And as much as that's scary. You have so many of the most important people around you here to help." He said calmly as he took Harry's hand away from his mouth before he could start a nasty habit he somehow picked up. Rubbing the boys finger tips ignoring the heat pooling at his cheeks. "You have me..."

Harry heard the whispered last words, his own cheeks heating as he looked over Draco-for what felt weirdly like the first time but different. Instead of indifference and nervousness at meeting a chatty Draco. He found himself feeling bubbly and warm as he looked over the much grown boy in front of him. He oddly felt calm about such feelings building in his chest. Though something felt a amiss he dismissed it for now. "Yes, I have you...." His hand wrapped around Draco's. His blush worsening.

_______

Percy carefully walked, towards where Harry presumed would give him answers for the first task. So he could be better prepared. His father much aware he was following closely behind.

They stopped behind some bushes and just from what he could hear, dread built in his stomach as the chains of metal rattled and the sounds of focused hardy men tried to rein something big in.

"Harry?" Percy asked looking directly at his sons frozen invisible form.

His fathers voice broke him from his dreaded shock stillness and he moved forward to stand beside his father, who then moved the shrubbery to see a large clearing, riddled with tents and large cages.

Then fire roared into the air making Harry's eyes go wide as saucers as he looked at the source of the angry flames. He found himself staring at aDragon, a real breathing dragon with chains that each connected to a burly man in protective leathers or none at all showing glistening scars and the visible perspiration slicking their skin as they reined the dragon into a cage to be angry in.

Percy noticing his sons growing panic put a hand around his shoulder and turned him away from the scenes before them. Soothing him with his aura as he had learned that he could do that. Softly rubbing his sons shoulder as they walked back. "Now, I think the rest know-except for Maybe Cedric, so if you could tell him when you regain some sense then that would be great-technically I should t be showing you or telling you but this will be our little secret." Percy speaks as if he wasn't completely worried out of his mind for Harry but tried and succeeded in keeping it from Harry for now.