:: Chapter 36 :: Father Dearest

Laughing Harry went through the floo, saying goodbye, Hermione would be staying the night with Luna so he was the last through. But was stopped as he hit a wall, more like his Godfather Sirius standing in his way instead of moving out of the fireplace a bit more. He had done it several times before so he went to whine at his godfather but stopped when he spoke up first. Hands pushing Harry around.

"Rem, watch Harry." Sirius spoke and was quickly passing Harry over to the werewolf who also had his wand out with his godfather.

Harry gasped at the sight before him, stuffing from the couch now torn and flipped over laid strewn around, and if he didn't know better he would blame it on Estella again. But the marks left from spells on the walls or ground said otherwise. As well as the cracks of the fireplace and some rubble from the chandelier that hung simply by a cord and spun softly lower then it should ever be.

Sirius was walking up the stairs when Harry realized who was left here alone, and even though normally his father, Percy could take care of himself. He couldn't right now. Fear gripped him tightly as he found himself running to his fathers room slipping past Sirius who yelled for him to come back with Remus, both running after him.

He slammed the door that was partly open and stared, as just like the living room the room was an utter mess. Glass was shattered all over the room from windows and the bed was shattered in pieces that spread around the room. He was suddenly in the arms of Sirius as he started screaming for his dad, crying out so much that his voice grew sore. Sirius and Remus tried to get him to calm down as the sudden panic attack hit Harry like a train.

What felt like hours to Harry was only a few minutes as he got in control of himself and tried to stop the crawling panic from raising its head again. He looked around after wiping his eyes with a deep breath held in his lungs.

He was held back by Sirius as Estella who was nearby harmed from a spell was looked over by Remus.

"He's not here..." he spoke so quietly they barely heard him as he looked over Estella, barely breathing. "Someone took my Dad..." he started, tears falling heavily down his cheeks again as panic tried to settle in him as his hand found Sirius and held it. As if he needed to hold something to ground himself.

"Harry, we'll find him." Sirius spoke as he came and he winced when Remus' hand came up bloodied and he got to work wrapping a spell around the wound. "Remus get Charlie Weasley and tell him that Estella is hurt. Harry help bring her down with us okay? Then once he gets here we can start an investigation to find Percy."

They worked quickly and before they knew it Charlie was there with a kit for hurt dragons and went to work.

Harry couldn't stay in the mess of his home any longer and took off to be outside. His breathing barely holding together as he collapsed at the shore. He didn't know what to do, or who even took his Dad but he-he just didn't know what to do. He sat down and started to cry into his hands. He knew his dad was strong-but he was sick and he worried about what they were doing to his dad.

So he cried.

___

Sirius and Remus were out most the time leaving Harry to his own devices, wearing down the floors with his absentee mindless worry for the only thing that brought him so much in his life that he cared for. He knew they weren't finding anything as his dad was still missing. Hermione was worried for both him and his Dad, she became the cook of the house -after yelling at Sirius about how she needed food, not ingredients for a potion-he was still confused on where to get food from.

One day Harry got so angry he wrote an angry letter to Severus about a lot of mean things-asking why-or if he had his dad. He regretted it but didn't make a move to send an apology at the mindless accusations.