::Chapter 52:: Battle of the Lake House

A week later, and Severus was pacing a room while Percy and Tom sat next to each other on a settee. "Are you sure he can handle this?"

"He gestured to us-does be mean just us?" Percy stage whispered to Tom a smile playing on his lips.

Tom rolled his eyes and patted Percy's knee with a smile himself. "Don't tease him. He's allowed to be nervous."

"You are too, at least a little bit still I believe," Percy smirked some more. He sighed before turning back to Severus who hadn't even paid attention. "Sev, hey," he had to get up and grab the man by his shoulder to look at him. "Harry is okay with you two in general-"

"Tom practically tortured him and I hated him for years-as Lily's son- a girl I never even really liked!" Severus threw his hands up in a dramatic way.

Before he could turn from him Percy's hands met his face and just held the soft skin in his palms. "Look, Harry understands what you two went through-he was outraged to find out about everything that not only happened to him but to his parents, to his adoptive parents to his friends...he may still be healing from it-no don't start-but he doesn't blame you, the worst that could happen is he wants us to not be together..."

"And would you do it?" Severus sighed as he finally calmed a little bit.

Percy put on a thinking face and the both of them choked on-air as they stared at him wide-eyed. Percy couldn't help but laugh at them. "No-even if he started to hate me a bit-apparently it's normal for teens to hate their parents. But I will still love him and be there for him forever. He'll understand why I would one day. Maybe..."

"You minx..." Tom breathed out as he leaned over to hold his head.

The potions master of them chuckled before he grabbed Percy's hands and kissed them both as he removed them from his face. "Thanks..." he then gave Percy a soft kiss.

Then a knock sounded on the door. "You can come in." Percy spoke cheerily as he pulled away to sit beside Tom.

Walking in was Harry, Hermione, and Neville. The boys were still in their pajamas even if it was past 3 in the day. Percy only shook his head at that and sighed when he saw Hermione with three books in her hands, but he would never change a thing with either of them. Besides, it's the summer break.

"You wanted us?" Harry said casually as he came in and sat on the opposite couch. The others following. Neville did so with a yawn.

"How long did you two stay up?" Percy asked with a raised brow at the two boys.

"Too long. I could hear them arguing from the room over." Hermione sighed. "I had to silence my room to be able to sleep."

"We weren't fighting, just trying to figure out some stuff to do with runes." Harry quickly added after her.

Neville nodded. "It took a lot of brainpower unfortunately as well as sleep I suppose."

"You didn't take runes Harry-you took Care of Magical Creatures with Madam Hurley and Hagrid." Hermione pointed out with a raised brow, wondering exactly what they were doing.

"Doesn't mean I wasn't interested, I read some books and ordered some with Dad's permission." Harry grinned at her, loving how she looked so confused and curious. He'd probably tell her about it later.

Severus finally sat down beside Percy. Hermione looked over and blinked-especially with how close the three adults were. Then it clicked for her. "Oh..." she spoke.

Harry confused at watching her looked where she was looking and just got confused. "Oh, what?"

Soon Neville did as well, "Oh."