:: Chapter 19 :: Trials of two

Harry looked at the newspaper, the moving pictures of Peter turning from rat to man over and over. With the news of a trial to appear soon. Then of how Sirius Black may be innocent after all. He had asked his father to help his godfather-no not Percy, but Sirius- even though the tension between the two were obvious.

He didn't know what it was, but he guessed from the fact he calls Percy, his Dad. Even though he wasn't James-his best friend and Harry's father-who yet wasn't even his real father. He was adopted and stayed with them for a couple months at best. He didn't even know if they knew about it. Remus and Sirius. If they knew he was adopted by James and Lily, that he was in fact the son of Severus-but most of all the son of Voldermort himself.

Sighing he set the newspaper down and but at his lip as he waits for his father to finish up with whatever he needed to have for the trial. As well as waiting for Severus to arrive via the floo.

Speaking of which, the alarm went off and he let in his potion professor. Who was in a nice set of dress robes, all black, and more intricate then any other. And he was sure if he did the little cape thing he did when walking away it would look twice as more dramatic as usual. He laughed at the thought in his head.

"Where's Percy?" Snape asks as he dusts off what little had gotten on his robes. His hair was felled back rather the greased back-and it pretty much looked the same except for the shine wasn't oil but watery.

Harry went to respond but stopped as he heard someone walk in from the front door. He turned to see his grandfather. Poseidon. "Hey Gramps, what are you doing here?"

"I need to speak with your father little shrimp." He spoke fondly as he came over and messed with the boys fixed hair. He whined at that before Poseidon turned to the man that oddly reminded him of his brother considering all the black and the gloomy face. "Hello, I'm Percy's father Don."

Snape took the hand and shook it firmly, "Severus Snape. I'm Percy's colleague as well as Friend." He answered simply as he eyes the man that looked like a very older and more defined Percy. While Percy had more softness to him he assumed he got from his mother.

Severus then realized, he didn't know anything about Percy life, his family and or any other friends he may have. That made him frown a bit, before he came back to reality to watch as Percy came in with a smile before it dropped some. He looked really good in the two price suit of black and the silver silk dress shirt with a black tie. His hair styled to look more tamed then when it wasn't. He wore an expensive watch, and dress shoes with gold embellishments that matched his cuff links. He looked ravishing.

"Father..." Percy spoke with a tenseness that he never really saw in him.

"Percy, may we talk alone?" Don spoke gently as he had patience and experience dealing with his sons animosity.

Sighing Percy beckoned his father to his office.

Harry sighed. "They're going to be a minute, want anything to drink?" He asks Severus.

"Yes, some water would be nice." His eyes looked towards where the father and son walked off to. "They don't seem to be in good terms...."

"They aren't. But my dad puts it aside for me. I don't really know a lot. I just know that my dads side of the family decided to do something-something my dad didn't want and he's held a grudge since. There more reasons then that but...my dad doesn't talk to me about it." Harry shrugged and got out a cup to put water in it before handing it over to the professor.

Severus looked over Harry, ignoring the pull of his magic but still studied the boy. He sighed but looked up as he heard footsteps.

"If your right...it better not end up like last time because if so...it will be our extinction Poseidon..." he heard from Percy shivering from the icyness that leaked from his voice.

"If it does-I will fade into nonexistence. We will protect what's ours this time." Percy's father spoke whole heartedly. "Take care Percy."

Harry and Snape looked at each other, they had no clue what they meant but by the way Percy walked in looking older then he should, they decided not to bother asking.

Like they'd get a straight answer.

They flooed into the Ministry, Snape showing them the way towards the court rooms for the trials. Only a few were allowed to watch and testify. No reporters were allowed inside. No animigi we're allowed to change into their other forms-keeping Peter as a human instead of a rat.

They walked in, after having to get through a hoard of Reporters who wanted to ask a million questions. Some not even relevant to the trials.

"Good your here." Lucious spoke as he led them to a row of seats. Remus looking in from the other side. "Now, when witnesses are brought up-Harry, Draco, you will have to speak honestly-if they think you aren't a they will advise veritaserum. I advise going against it as you are minors and it is not legal with our consent, from you and your guardians. Understood?" He advised ad the younger boys nodded before sitting next to each other as the room filled in with the people witnessing and the wizenmagot.

Dumbldore was even there.

The room wasn't fillled to the brim but with the people needed. It still felt fuller then Harry felt comfortable with but kept his cool. He was going to have more family soon. As soon as Sirius is free of all charges against him.

Peter was first, he was chained and given the truth serum. He spurt out everything about that night he was supposedly murdered. To how he was the secret keeper for the potters. What made the icing on top for Percy-was how he admitted to how only Albus Dumbledore knew-which cause quite the uproar. They couldn't say he was lying when they asked it over and over and dispensed several potions down Peters throat. Percy would have laughed if it would t have made him look suspicious.

After Peter was Sirius. He was chained as well for now. But as they gave him the potion, it became clear he was as innocent as a Angel-at least for this occasion. After much discussion-The witness's coming up and testifying, Percy explaining how Sirius was and had an Oath towards Harry.

Sirius was let out with a bunch of apologies and would be getting quite the bit of money from his wrongful imprisonment and no trial. With all paid for mindhealer appointments, as well as other paid for treatments for his health.

They were relaxing at the Jackson home when Sirius asked to talk to Percy. Alone.

_____

Edit, fixen some thing

-Neko