:: Chapter 3 :: Gringotts and Friends

Sliding into the living room, Harry smiled brightly at Percy. Percy smiled and ruffled his hair, the boy was practically buzzing with excitement. He could feel his magic sing it. Shaking his head he brought out a stick of dark translucent blue crystal with something glowing faintly inside. Harry had no idea where he pulled it out from.

"Alright," he swished it and their fireplace turned from modern to a large brick white, a modern touch with the black veined marble at the tin holding a nice little vase.

Harry had seen magic before but he had never seen it like his father just did. More of the things his father could do with water, summon food out of thin air, or make things out of thin air-and the lists goes on. Mostly making things he'd never seen. But never changing it from a different state to another.

"This is going to be so cool." He wondered as he watched his fathers wand disappear from where it came, he had always wanted to be like him. Magical. Strong and cool. Special in some way.

His father always told him he was, to him. That worked for him for awhile, but each time he heard about his father from his grandfather. How proud he was of his son, his dad. He wanted his dad to be proud of him.

"Alright, we're going to the Leaky Cauldron. You have to say this clearly when you go through the floo." Percy explained as he grabbed some dust, and motioned for Harry to follow him into the very tall fireplace. A head taller then his father.

Nervously he stood beside him, his hand catching onto the end of his sleeve. "What's the floo?" He asked.

"Well, you know how an iris message works?" When Harry nodded Percy continued. "Well it kinda works like that, you can use it to talk to people just as a firey head instead of a misty cloud of colors. You can also travel from one place to another. It's a lot better then a aperation in the wizarding world. But my travel is the best way. I want you to learn this way though." He wrapped his arm around him.

With that Percy threw down the dust, Harry shutting his eyes tightly as his father shouted his destination. And Harry felt the pull and the twisting and falling, his mouth stayed shut as his eyes were afraid he'd swallow a bug like when he's riding his Pegasus, Charmed.

When they arrived, Percy walked out gracefully while Harry stumbled with his father helping keep him upright. Amused Percy helped his son dust off as he looked around bewildered at the shop they were in. Well, tavern?

Confused at all the weirdly dressed people, he follows his father as he waited to see where they'd be going.

"Can I do magic like you?" Harry asked as his father came up to a brick wall, which opened when he went to take out his wand again, but the alley just opened for him.

Percy was glad no one saw that. "Yes, and no. Or at least I'm not sure. You can do Magic, with a wand. It'll take years of practice to master some form of the wandless. But you being my son I'm sure you can." He moved his hand to riddle his kids hair.

Harry pointed out thing on their short walk, Percy explained them as he tried to keep him to his side. Harry had a tendency to go off on his own while also dragging his father who knew they needed to go somewhere if they wanted to get anything today. He laughed when Harry stared wide eyed at the pet shop. The knifflers and owls all making a choir outside of noise to attract customers.

Finally they reached their destination, the wizarding bank for the wizarding world. Gringotts, the high white marbled building made Harry wide eyed in awe. It reminded him of Olympus-he was allowed to go when he had weekends with his father. Percy barely let him, because he wasn't really trying to associate with anyone there, but he wanted Harry to have some sort of family, and his only family was his father and the rest of the gods.