::Chapter 59:: Silence

It was quiet, to quiet. Harry thought as he looked around the space he was in. He knew were he was but it was odd as it wasn't where he was when he fainted in George's arms. It definitely didn't have the large windows-just tiny ones along with the sound of water-and not the sound of crying.

He was in the underwater house hut that his father had made in their lake by the lake house. He loved going in there with his father and playing some Uno, the cards were enchanted to never get wet, and they didn't go to the ceiling but stayed on the table like if they weren't in water. The windows were just open boxes where fish liked to peak in and swim around. Sometimes his dad would shoo some away, he knew why but he hated he could never talk to them like his dad did.

"Welcome Hardleear." A voice soft and airy spoke but grounding in a way that made Harry turn slowly as he stared his eyes widening as he continued to do so. "Please sit." The voice-there was no lips to speak with but it came from them-the skeletal figure cold in black sitting at the table holding Uno cards.

Hesitantly he walked forwards and sat down with a frown on his lips as cards appeared in his hands. "What's going on?"

The skull head tilted and it was eerie for Harry as he watched the bones move and the cloak flow. "That all depends on you."

"What? Who are you?" To be fair he probably should have asked that first, but he had his rights to be confused.

"I am Death. You are here Hardleear because you have died. In the arms of your mate George Weasley." Death spoke in her smooth voice as if trying to calm him before he could get upset.

Harry shook his head and stood up leaving his cards on the table. "No...no I'm not dead-I can't be!!" He denied as he walked backwards to where he appeared from. "Take me back! Right now!"

Death sighed as she stood and the environment changed to that of a barely empty bakery-the old fading into the new. "First we need to speak."

Harry looked at the new environment-but it wasn't new, he knew this place. The bakery that he had met his dad in, the place where he ran to all those years ago. The place he found family-found his future in. "Why here?"

"You're more comfortable in places that bring you happiness, did this memory not help with the patronus spell?" Death spoke as she gracefully sat stood over the figure he knew well. His father was hunched over a cup of coffee looking worn and tired-but he was smiling, a small one sure but it was aimed at his younger abused self. But he was frozen in time- everything was.

Harry wasn't going to lie and say it didn't work-as it did. He did calm down and find comfort in the memory-found happiness in the memory that helped his patronus. "I just don't get it..."

"That's why I'm going to explain it. Please-sit Hardleear. We have much to discuss." Death spoke as she sat at a table not far from his dad and his younger self.

Harry looked over the scene once more before he took a deep breath and sat at the table.

____

Daphne could barely breath as she looked over the edge of the broken bridge, tears blurring her vision as she barely was able to see below into the ravine that ended the intrusion of vampires into Hogwarts-but also took away Neville, sweet and kind Neville. The boy who loved plants and was always there for them-who wasn't particularly the angriest at them-the first to forgive the slytherins for their actions really.

Her eyes searched the air but found nothing-no Neville, no Magnus. She choked on a sob as she shook in place-her chest squeezed painfully as she moved back before she saw it.

Two people on a broom.

As they got closer she recognized Bellatrix-and behind her holding on tightly was Neville.