:: Chapter 35 :: Harry's Decision

"I want to be homeschooled for the last years of my Magic education." Harry spoke into the air while they ate breakfast, the year having ended without much of anything going on. "I'm an outcast in my own house, and a target to Dumbledore and to Tom Riddle, Voldermort, Darth Vader-however you call him. I'm tired and I feel it would be safer this way. For everyone involved."

Percy agrees but frowns. "You sure?"

"Harry, you can't be serious? Hogwarts is as safe as it gets sometimes, and what about me? I wouldn't want to go without you-" Hermione paused when Harry didn't get angry but rather quite sad. She frowned. "Just, are you sure you want this?"

Nodding Harry put his fork down. "Yes, besides. Dad you don't look like you could last another year. Do you need to go there?"

It was true, Percy looked horrible, grey and clammy as a sick person could get. Which he was. It was like he was cut off from his godly powers or something was siphoning it and he wasn't sure when it started, but it made him weak and sick.

"I have to agree with Harry, you don't look good. And you made breakfast. Which thank you, but you should be resting." Sirius spoke his plate empty now except for the crumbs he would have licked off if Remus hadn't stopped him.

"I may need to sleep a bit. But I may need to go Harry." He conceded as he shakily stood, Remus quickly to his aid making Percy thank him.

The three watched as Remus helped Percy to his room. Estella as big as a dog now following closely behind making crooning noises of worry. Percy making light of the situation as he joked between the two creatures.

Harry jumped when a hand met his and he looked up at Hermione. "He'll be okay." She said and smiled to try and comfort him and he smiled back. She too was worried-and all she could do was wait, watch and worry.

"Now, who wants to swim with me today?" Sirius spoke with a clap of his hands and a large smile broadening on his face as the two teens rolled their eyes at the man. But complied to his requests. Remus joining them soon as Percy was out in a deep sleep.

____

"What? I barely become your friend and you decide not to go to school for the rest of the next two years?" Ron spoke loudly with an exasperated look. "I mean good for you mate, but that leaves me with Hermione's pushing neediness to study."

Hermione whacked the back of Ron's head and he only pouted as she kept her head down, hiding her smirk. "At least you don't have your mother talking about how bad your grades are. She is quite proud you aren't failing." She pointed out.

Ron hated how she was right. But it made him smile at he thought of his mother even slightly proud of him. "Yes yes, now back off with smacking my head. I might get dumber then you think I am." He was whacked again, lighter but still.

Laughing Harry shook his head at his friends. He was helping Luna make a flower crown out of daisies out in the garden of the burrow. His godfather and uncle inside chatting away with Ron's mother and Father. Arthur and Molly. A hit of sadness hit him as he wished his father was here, but he was at home. Estella watching him with Chaster, Angus and Bronx nearby. Shaking his head he smiled back at Luna.

"Ow, Hermione I swear to Merlin I will hit you back, girl or not." Ron spoke with a huff as he rubbed his arm where he was hit for saying something about Luna and her old nickname.

"Stop being a prat then." She mused as she let Luna put a flower crown on her head. "Thanks love." She spoke gently to her now official girlfriend.

"It keeps the wrackspurts away." She said softly as she put another atop Harry's head, a soft blush on her cheeks from Hermione's pet name.

His own handiwork on top of her head, messier then hers but she seemed to love it just that much more. "I would agree if I'm this calm." He cheekily smiles and lays down. To enjoy the sun falling on his face. Warming his bones.

He jumped when he heard Hermione peel out a scream as she ran from Ron, all the while laughing at him chasing her. Her sundress perfect against the flowers she ran through.

Luna sat down with a content smile, wiggling closer to Harry before she was looking up at what few clouds there were. "They'll remember."

Harry looked at her, and their eyes met, hers more cloudy blue and his matching the bright summer grass. "What? Who?" He wonders as he searches for a sign of what she could mean.

"You know who, your parents...your real ones." She watched his expression turn in worry and fear. "Don't worry, Harry is Harry, and you would never hurt me. You are one of the best people to have as a friend."

He opened his mouth then closed it, before he was laying down again. "It won't matter if they remember, or figure out who I am to them. It's the fact I don't know if I will ever forgive them that hurts me."

Luna understood that, and felt for Harry. She took his hand in hers, knowing he was thinking about it now. "True. But you'll be happy, even if right now things aren't going as you want it. Just have faith in you're Papa, have faith in Percy."

Another scream and Ron finally had caught Hermione an was tickling her causing them to laugh at the view.

After all it was a nice afternoon in summer. Nothing could go wrong.

_____