3

My favorite Idiots

The moment Raven got in her cabin, she immediately rummaged through her bags until she found her grandfather's letter that she received yesterday, since she hadn't got a chance to read it. Raven grabbed it, removing the seal and finally opened the letter.

Raven,

This is to inform you that the mission hasn't changed, just like what we talked about. Blend in, Do not screw up. You will receive another letter in 72 hours.

Karpov,

A sigh escaped her lips. Just like she thought. Karpov was not a man of many words. He's all business. He even signed the letter by his name, not grandfather or anything. It didn't take her long to tear the letter into pieces, she had to, in order to protect her identity.

"You okay? Did something happened with your family?" Raven heard a voice behind her. It was Christa.

"Nothing happened. "She spoke in monotone as she threw away the pieces of paper in the trash. Christa followed her out making sure she was okay, even though Raven explained many times that she was.

"Raven!!" Both of them turned their heads when they heard a loud screaming lady. It was-

"Squad leader Hanji?" She spoke confusedly when she saw them wave while they jogged towards her. Christa and Raven saluted. Hanji nodded and told them they needed to speak with Raven privately.

"I'll see you in the field." Christa says before she waved goodbye.

"Why do you want to speak with me?" I asked straightforwardly.

They breathed deeply and clasped their arms on those papers they're  carrying.

"So, after I saw how you defeated Commander Erwin the other day, it got me thinking. If you managed to defeat him at a very intellectual game,  then you must have a gifted mind." They say as if they're analyzing her.

"I don't know about that--" Raven said scratching her neck awkwardly but Hanji immediately cut her off.

"So I pulled up all your academic files."

They did what?

"You really are smart, How are you on physics thermodynamics?" Hanji asked in a serious tone. Honestly Raven has never seen this side of them before. It's like staring at a mad scientist.