18

Order

"Damn it! She broke my arm." One of the soldiers complained as they went back to the HQ.

"That is nothing. That fucking Shadow stabbed me!" A man beside him says.

Erwin looks at more than 13 injured soldiers, he shakes his head in frustration and massaged his temples.

"You know None of this would've happened if you didn't charge at the Shadow!" Hanji yelled at them. The soldiers faces were in shock.

"But ma'am she's a criminal!"

"Our mission was to rescue our comrades. We are not after that vigilante, that's the Military Police's job." Erwin said that silenced the room. He then turned to Levi in a serious manner.

"Let's talk privately." Erwin said, Levi follows him out and thought he'd want say something about the mission earlier.

"We have to do something about this shadow." He stated as he closed the door behind him. "Even if she helped Christa and the others, she had no jurisdiction in doing so. And let's face it, it's starting to affect the soldiers." He continued.

"Her angle is still not clear, and I will not wait until this Shadow goes rogue on our soldiers." Erwin sat on his desk  in distress.

"You're right." Levi agreed. "But the station who's handling the Shadow case right now is going nowhere. We need to report this to someone who can definitely take her down." He says, and by that, Erwin immediately gets the person he's talking about.

"Captain Grey." Erwin says. He knew she's the only person who can figure this thing out. Raven solved an unsolvable case on her first month, so this would be a piece of cake for her.

--

The morning arrived as Levi made his way inside the station of Captain Grey.  The officers takes one look at him and quickly recognized the man.

"C-captain Levi of the survey corps." One of the officers muttered. Levi looks at the desk near him and saw the man who is usually with Raven at all times.

"Where's your Captain?" He asked. Nate glanced at him in surprise.

"She's not here." He says. Levi furrowed his brows at his statement. Why is she not here? Did something happened?

"What do you mean, today is her first day back." Levi stated.

"I don't know she's just--"

"Late." A voice spoke behind them that alarmed the whole floor. Levi glanced at the woman with a ragged look, a bit of a messy hair, and her uniform jacket was just slumped on her shoulder. He noticed that something about her was a bit off.

"Get back to work. All of you." She sayd when Levi noticed all of them stood up when their Captain arrived.

"You look awful." Levi said straightforwardly. Raven just rolled her eyes at him.

"What do you want Levi." She says as they both headed to her office and closed the door behind her.

Levi just made his way to the chair infront of her desk and sat comfortably, not minding the annoyance in her tone.

"I need to talk to you, about a case." Levi started. Raven just threw her jacket on the couch and flopped herself on her desk tiredly, trying to ignore the pain on her back.

"And what case is that," Raven asked in pure business tone as she picked up the tower of case files that rests under her desk. Levi hesitated when he saw the amount of paperwork that awaits her, this was pretty normal after every suspension for a Captain.