5

The Military

I threw the empty cans on the floor and grabbed new gas tanks. I finished strapping my gear. I took out my blades and prepared to head out when a familiar figure made it's way towards me.

"Oi Grey," He called me. I turned to face him.

"What do you want." I asked plainly. He seemed annoyed by my tone.

"How many times do I have to tell you. You do not talk to your superiors in that tone." He said with a threatening voice.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. What do you want, Captain Levi." I repeated with the plain tone and just added his name.

He exhales sharply. "Listen. I've seen you fight-"

"If you're gonna make me join the survey corps, don't bother. Shadis didn't succed in doing so, neither will you." I said in my usual tone, cutting him off.

"How dare you compare me to Keith Shadis you brat." His voice raised. I rested my thumb on my belt lazily while still holding my blades and tried to listen whatever it is that he have to say.

"There's an open spot on my squad. It's yours if you want it." He stated.

I'm not dumb. I know Levi is a very big deal in the survey corps, not just there but in the entire city. He's humanity's strongest. And here he is, offering me to be a part of the special operations squad.

"Don't want it." I replied and walked away, leaving him there stiffed.

I need to focus on my own mission. And I can't do that if I'm out there with the survey corps. It's hard for me to avoid my calling but, I need to avenge my mother. That is something I can't just throw away.

I was already at the door when I heard him again."I'm not done talking to you." He scoffed.

"Miss me already?" I teased. He just shot me a glare in return.

"Look joining the fucking Military poloce is an idiotic, coward thing to do. I'm telling you. You're making a big mistake turning down this offer." He said in his stoic expression.

I could feel my blood boil. I slowly walked towards to where he was standing. I raised my blade that is now pointing at his neck.

"You don't know the first thing about me." I said in a cold tone.

He didn't react to my blade, or even tried to break eye contact. I lowered my weapon and walked away, hoping I wouldn't have to have this kind of talk ever again.

-

"How did it go?" Erwin asked as Levi got back to him and Hanji.

Hanji looks at Levi weirdly. "What happened?"

"She's a hopeless case." Levi said coldly. He didn't bother telling them the story of how she threatened him.

"You did offer her that spot correct?" Erwin ensures that Levi did exactly what they planned.

He just nodded.

"What?! How could she say no to you?  You're literally one of the most  intimidating person I've ever met." Hanji reasons.

"Why would she turn down a job like that?" Erwin mumbles to himself.

"Whatever it is, it's personal." Levi said that made the two look at him.

"How did you know?" Hanji asks.

Levi remembers the feeling of the tip of the blade touching his neck. No one had ever gone that far on him. He figured that, if something on what he said could set her off like that, means he struck a nerve.