58

Tanya vs. Levi

I tried to catch my breath as the person I've been trying to kill landed on top of me, clearly forbidding me to get air on my lungs. There's literally nothing in this lot, the broke window made it colder to be in here and made it even more harder to breathe. We were in a a grey abandoned room, there's nothing but glass and a few drops of blood.

He stared at me for a moment, both of us were frozen on each others' presence. It's been a while since I saw those grey orbs I used to love looking at. Now, I don't even know what to feel.

He betrayed me. And there's no excuse for that, but there's something insdie be that's stopping me from killing him. But why?

"Let's talk." His voice was deep and stern yet there was sadness in it.

I gritted my teeth before pushing him away from me with a hard punch on his jaw and got up on my own.

"Now you wanna talk? I'm surprised." I said sarcastically while remembering the time I wanted to explain myself to him, I looked like a total idiot.

He closed his eyes forcefully before running his fingers through his dark hair. "I deserve that." He coughed.

I clenched my teeth while as I continued to glare at him. "Look I messed up, we all did. I'm sorry."

"Sorry is not gonna being change everything." I said bitterly before unseathing my sword. He seemed to have been taken aback because he already knew what's gonna happen. It's the only way I can deal with all this pain in my chest, I have to end them. All of them.

"Tanya don't." He says in defeat. The fight hasn't started yet and he's withdrawing?

I ignored his remark and attacked him with my blade.

---

Third person's POV

As Tanya started to run after him, Levi had no choice but to take his own blade out and blocked her attacks. He tried getting through with her, but she was too driven by anger to even listen.

Levi's voice started ringing on Tanya's ears, all the things he said in the past came rushing back. All the things he said, all things he promised. She doesn't understand why, maybe because of seeing his face again after all things that had gone down.

Tanya and Levi's blades clashed against each other creating a screeching noise, Tanya had let out a frontal kick which Levi avoided with his fast reflex but he ended up getting nicked by her sword, scarring his cheek. He hissed in pain but, he didn't let this stop him. He wanted to talk to her.

"Tanya please." He said as he blocked her sword but there was nothing but pain in her eyes." I..... I lost trust in you. There's nothing I could say that would make you forgive me but please. Let's stop this."

Levi. Pleading. That's something she never saw before. Every word of his sentence, she knew he meant it. Tanya's heart clenched, just by hearing his voice. She'd be lying if she said she doesn't have feelings for him even after he betrayed her. She was torn, with love and anger.

"Why.." Tanya's blade was pointed against him as she uttered those words, Levi did not dare to make a move or attack, he has no intention of killing her or even causing her more pain than he already did.

"Why did turn on me, so easily." Tanya couldn't control her words but those were the thought she'd been pondering about since she was taken. Why did they turn on her without even having second thoughts?

It's like they never knew me.

The sound of Levi's sword dropping on the concrete was heard. Her sentence made his heart shatter into pieces. Guilt, regrets and shame was all over his face. He knew he should've had faith in her, he shouldn't have listened to them, he should've trusted her.