55

Red

"How come I don't remember you?" Tanya asked. Alexis let out a deep sigh, understanding what she wanted to hear.

"Do you remember the day that mom died?" Alexis says that made Tanya furrow her eyebrows at her.

"Ofcourse I remember it clear as day, that's what my whole has been about." Tanya answered mockingly. Alexis nodded.

"Alright, Do you remember anything before that incident?" She asked.

Tanya knotted her brows at her question but when she tried to remember the days before her mother passed, nothing seems to have come to her mind. It's like a blank slate. She held her head trying to reminisce everything but, nothing. She only caught glimpse of her deceased mother but no memory.

"H-how..." Tanya's voice began to crack as she held the side of her head. She's aware of the warmth her mother gave her, but before the day of the incident, she could recall nothing except for the face and wordless visions of Grace Karpov.

Tanya stared at her wide eyed when she remembered a conversation with Kenny Ackerman back when she confronted him about his connection with her mother.

"You should know, I even saw you back when you're a little kid. Who knew you'd grow up to be like this."

"He said we've already met when I was a kid, but I couldn't remember him."

"Maybe you were too young back then."

"Our grandfather injected a serum on you, that made you forget everything before that incident, that's how he got control over me. He used you, against me." Alexis explained. It was evident that she wasn't proud of the things she has done as she kept her gaze down.

Tanya wanted to break everything, only if she could move freely. Damn these bandages. She knew her grandfather was manipulative but she didn't expect him to go as far as erasing someone's memory. How far could he go just to be in control of someone?

"Y-You said he used me to control you. What exactly did he made you do?" Tanya asked as she tried not to stutter but failed.

"The devil's lair." Alexis said. Tanya scoffed, of course it would always come back to that. But as far as she could remember it, she was the one who did all the work. Five gun men including Kenny, she finished all of them, so what exactly did she do?

"The blue knight mob of wall rose. Our grandfather assigned me to kill them." She answered truthfully. Tanya did remember giving that intel to her grandfather, he said he'll take care of it from there. So it was really Alexis who did the deed.

"You meant the leaders?"

"Grandfather ordered to kill all of them."  Just like earlier, Tanya noticed the guilt in her tone even though she's smiling. She doesn't understand why. Tanya never felt guilty for killing those people who killed her mother. But Alexis surely is built different.

"So." Tanya sighed deeply before continuing what she wanted to say. She still doesn't know where to stand on the events that has happened and what she found out, but one thing is for sure. Someday, she will have her hands stained with Preston Karpov's blood. Or maybe, she should mess with the survey corps first.

"If you actually killed those people, how come it's not reported all around the walls?" Tanya asked curiously.

This made Alexis' face lit up, she does like it when Tanya takes interest on her, it somehow reminds her of the past. Although the look on her face still says that she is pissed at everyone.