26

Raven

The atmosphere in the whole room died. I don't know if it's just me but, it's getting harder to even breathe. Not one of them managed to say another word after hearing the news.

My heart stopped as her words echoes through my ears. That can't be true, Raven's not dead. Why would she be? She's tough, she even managed to almost kill me. She can't be dead.

"R-raven's dead?" Historia stutters in terror.

"Shut the fuck up. It's impossible." Jean defended with a shaking voice.

"That can't be true. She's not dead!" Sasha started to sob on her words.

"Sasha calm down." Connie says in a low tone and tried to comfort her.

"How are we sure that you're not lying?" I said in a cold tone. No one has the right to lie about Raven, especially to me.

"Something happened inside the military police." The girl stood up and grabbed her bag. "You have to come with me, I'll explain on the way." She said.

I don't know why but I agreed to follow her. I was so confused and lost at the moment. We all headed out and I didn't managed to say another word, all I need is an explanation.

"Wait, that doesn't justify anything. Why would Raven suddenly be dead?" Eren asked trying to mask his fear.

"I'm taking you to the last person who saw her alive." She answers plainly as we went inside the forest.

"Come on you can't actually think she's dead right? It's Raven she doesn't easily die." Connie says in denial. Even I wanted to believe him.

"It started a week ago," the girl stated. "Captain Grey suddenly went missing. Which was weird because she doesn't usually leave the office."

It's impossible for her to be kidnapped. Knowing her, she won't go down without putting up a fight. Something, or someone led her to go missing.

"Then there was a talk among the other stations that there was a new Captain of the military police. None of us believed it because it didn't came from Captain Grey."

The girl exhales sharply before proceeding. "Next thing I knew, the officers from another station stormed our place and shot whoever was on sight. They said there's a new person in charge then they specifically hunted for us, Nate, Carter, and I. All of the people who are loyal to Captain Grey were killed." She says in a low tone.

All of these is making me start to believe that she really is dead.

"We all went on our own paths to escape, but then I came across this guy."

We arrived at a small abandoned stables, it was so dirty and it seems no one has been here for a long time. We all went inside and saw a man that was sitting on the bed of leaves and leaning on the concrete wall, he was severely injured but he managed to point a gun at us.

"Whoa, Nate it's me. Put the gun down." The girl says in a calm tone.

"Clair..." The only words came out of his mouth. I recognize him, he was also always with Grey everywhere she went.

The guy sat firmly as Clair helped him up and began treating his injuries. He was covered with dried blood and dirt, he can easily be mistaken for a rotting corpse.

"Nate, what happened to Raven?" Jean immediately asks when he saw the man. I guess he knows him too.

"The night before she disappeared, I asked her where she was going..." His hoarse voice was the only thing we could hear. Everyone listens intently as Nate began telling us how all things went down in their regiment.