37

Light in darkness

Levi's POV

I watched as Raven gets taken away by the military police. Her friends pleaded to hand her gently when they saw them harshly shoving her since she was still injured.

How could this happen? I'm sure no one in the squad ratted her out, we all made a call to keep her identity safe.

All of my questions were answered when I gazed at Raven for the last time as she climbs onto the wagon, and saw her sly grin. She knew this was gonna happen.

But why would she let it?

-

I've met with Erwin and Hanji as I got back to the headquarters. While the others were still confused in why Raven was arrested, the three of us decided to meet in Erwin's office.

"This is bad." Erwin said to himself as he closed the door. He ran his fingers through his hair in distress while figuring out what to do with his sister. He's been like this for a whole day after hearing about Raven's arrest and I must say, it's starting to get to me too.

"I don't know how they found out, we're the only ones who knew. And surely her friends wouldn't tell on her." Hanji says while scratching their temple.

"She turned herself in." I said, that made the two of them look at me in disbelief.

"What? How do you know that?" Erwin furrowed his bushy eyebrows.

I remember the look on her face when they took her away, the smile of confidence and relief. Raven rarely shows that but I can tell, that's exactly what she wanted.

"I saw her expression. And also, when Historia said that she'll be transferring her to the scouts, she immediately declines as if she knew she wasn't gonna be out here anymore." I told them.

"But why would she? Her identity is protected by us, there's no way we were gonna turn her in."Erwin says with a confused tone.

"Erwin, maybe you're forgetting she's a criminal." Hanji says that made us glare at them. They raised both their hands in surrender.

"I don't mean it that way, it's just that, maybe she wanted to pay for her crimes and all?" They guessed.

"That's crazy, a girl like Raven wants freedom. That's it. I need to see her." Erwin says as he stood up from his seat.

"You can't, she isn't allowed to get visitors." Hanji says. Erwin just groaned in frustration.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Maybe because we're the last people who was seen with her. Or maybe because they're keeping her in a very secluded prison cell." Hanji says in a low tone.

Damn it Raven, what the hell is going on in your head?

"Erwin, I know this is hard for you but, you can't let anyone know she's your sister." Hanji adviced. Erwin raised his head and looks at them, he seemed pissed.

"I don't care if someone finds out I'm related to her and ruin my image. She could die if I don't do something." He stated.

"That's not what I meant. Don't you get it? If they find out Raven's your sister they will just do anything to keep you away from her cause they know what you're capable of. And there goes our chance to seeing her." They said. Erwin sighed in defeat, he knew Hanji was right.

-

The evening came, I walked by the halls trying to think of anything other than Raven. What could she be doing right now? I'm sure based on her crimes she'll be fed only once a day, or worse, there's a chance she could not be fed. I scratched my hair in distress as I imagined where she'd be sleeping tonight. Probably in a cell with no fucking light and a foul smell.