47

She was a born Leader

[Note: This isn't the expedition where Erwin dies.......Yet.]

Panic. That's all we could think of as the whole squad was cornered by a bunch of titans. We were all surrounded as we took a stand on one of the branches looking down on those ugly faces, and that's not even the worst part yet.

The worst part, is that Levi was missing.

"The Captain is gone! What are we gonna do?!" I heard Connie's unsettling voice from the other side of the forest like the others.

"Calm down, w-we'll get through this!" Armin tries convincing himself but you could see the nervousness in his eyes. "R-right Tanya?"

"Damn it. I'm out of gas." Mikasa cussed against her breath after slaying one of the titans that was coming for us. She then looks at me as if trying to ask what should be our next move.

We're stranded and had nowhere else to go, some our the horses were gone, the beast titan was looking at us from afar after instructing the pure titans to attack us, Mikasa who is one of the most capable is out of mobility, and Levi is still missing.

My heart was beating so loud that I couldn't process everything that's been going on. He was just beside me earlier, and then a swarm of titans came rushing at us that we lost the formation. Everyone came back, except for him. But this can't be it, He's Levi, he won't die. He can't die.

I shrugged off the thoughts that was clouding my head. I need to focus, we need to survive this first. Then I'll look for him on my own.

"A titan!" Eren yelled when he saw an abnormal running towards us.

"Do not engage." I said sternly that made them look at me as if I was insane.

"What?!"

"Are you crazy?! He's heading right toward--"

"Just go to a higher branch. We need to reduce the use of gas if we want to get out of here." I instructed as I shot my manuever gear towards the next branch. Eren nodded before taking Mikasa as they all followed.

I sighed in distress before pursing my lip, I need a clear head, but Levi's face kept popping on my mind. I want to know if he's okay. I hope he is, cause I'll never forgive him if he dies.

We all gathered on top of the tree while a swarm of titans was waiting for us on the ground. The supply wagon was destroyed together with our horses but, before the formation was dispersed, I remember Erwin being sided on the left wing with Hanji because of the sudden attack. If we're lucky, they also have a supply wagon with gas and a spare horse. But that would only work if they're still alive.

"Alright. We can't attack any more of them, we'll use the gas to go to the east and hopefully, the others are still there." And Levi.

My guess is that beast titan surely had ties with Bertoltd and Reiner, that being said, they know what the scouts are capable of and are trying to eliminate the strongest soldier, Levi Ackerman.

Which means, us, in the north are their target. So I think maybe, just maybe, the soldiers in the east aren't affected of the surge since the titans are all coming for us, or wherever Levi is.

"B-but, what if there isn't? Plus there are so many titans in the ground." Sasha asked with a shaking voice. "I've never seen anything like this."

"We're gonna avoid it by manuevering on high branches only. Forget about killing them." I said before turning to Mikasa. "We'll take turns in carrying Mikasa so we won't end up with two members running out of gas."