46

Thunder spears

I felt myself wake up from a small nap when someone nudged my shoulder. I opened my eyes and realized I was still in the infirmary, keeping Jean company even though he still hasn't woke up.

"You've been here for a while." I looked at the person in front of me, his face was inches away from mine, gazing at me with his grey orbs. He was holding two cups of coffee and hands me one.

"Thank you." I smiled but before taking the mug but then he suddenly moves it away from me. I knotted my brows at him in confusion.

"Kiss first." He said with his deep voice. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, and this is Levi we're talking about.

I chuckled before placing one hand on his cheek and leaned closer to give him a short kiss on his lips, I felt him smile through it.

"Well this isn't what I'm expecting to see first thing in the morning..." We heard a man's voice that came from the door as we shook our heads to see Erwin looking at us with a disgusted face.

Why does he always catch us like this?

Levi and I both pulled away and avoided his gaze.

"Look I'm fine with both of you being in a relationship as long as it doesn't interfere with your jobs." Erwin said with his unusual tone, it was somehow authoritative yet, cold tone. I raised my eyebrow at him, not expecting the things that came out of his mouth.

Levi still looks bored and not pouring Erwin any glance.

"And please no public display of affection in--"

"Erwin!" I exclaimed.

"What?" He ask innocently.

"We don't want to talk about that!" I yelled with my cheeks flushing red, I saw Levi smirk.

"I'm just saying." Erwin said with a calm tone, totally opposite from mine. I rolled my eyes at him and looked at Jean's state incase he woke up because of my shouting. He still hasn't.

"So, how is he?" Levi asked pertaining to Jean. I sighed before answering.

"Doctor said he'll be fine, though it might affect his vocal chords a bit but nothing permanent."

"That's good to know." Erwin nodded. "I just came here to check up on him, hopefully he could make it in the expedition in three days."

"He still won't be well in three days, and even if he is, I won't allow it." I defended protectively.

"It's not like you have any authority in this regiment." Erwin says.

"Try me." I replied with a threatening tone.

"Shut it both of you. You're debating on his future activities, he's not even woken up yet." Levi cut us off.

He sighed and raised his hand in defeat. "Right, well, just go to my office if something comes up." Erwin says before leaving, clearly disregarding the conversation we just had.

I turned my attention back to Jean who was still lying peacefully unconscious, his throat was bandaged and the nurses thankfully changed his blood soaked clothes.

"How long do you think before he wakes up?" Levi asks while he sat on the desk near the window, he was surprisingly calm this morning.

"I don't know. I hope today." I said with slight desperation on my tone.

"Well, if the doctor said the injury won't be permanent then you have nothing to worry about." Levi says before drinking his coffee.

BOOM!