professor part 11

I wake up feeling a little groggy. I walk into the bathroom to brush my teeth and clean my face off. "Morning dorogy (sweetheart)." I say as i feel a pair of arms wrap around me. "Mmm your warm." She says as she takes my arms and wraps them around her. "You want breakfast?" I ask. She nods and we go downstairs. I walk her to the couch. "Stay here." I say as i go into the kitchen. I get out a pan, butter, milk, and some eggs. I start to cook but my phone rings. I pick up the phone and hear an unknown female voice on the other line. "Hello?" I say. "Yes, is this Ms. Y/l/n?"  "Yes this is her, who is this?" I ask. "This is Dr. Phillips, im calling to inform you your parents were in a fatal crash last night." I stand there in silence. I couldnt even make out what she was saying, all i could hear were the thoughts running through my head. "Hello? Mam?" I heard on the other end. "Yes im here." I say in an emotionless voice. "Im sorry Ms.y/l/n, but neither of your parents made it." I dropped the phone and screamed. Natasha came running into the room as i fell to the floor. "Baby what happened!?" She ask. I couldnt speak. The ability to make words had left me. All i could do was sit there and sob. She wrapped her arms around me. "What happened?!" She asked as she stroked my hair. "Baby, talk to me." She said as she continued to stroke my hair. "The-they're dead." I say as i hug her and cry. "What? Whos dead?!" She asks. "M-my parents." I say, choking on my words. "Wh-what?" She asks, not being able to believe it. "They died on the way home." I say, my face becoming expressionless. Nat grabs ahold of me and turns off the stove. "Come on, lets go back to bed, forget about breakfast." She says as she pulls me up off the floor. I walk with her back to the bedroom, sobbing the entire way. She lays me back down and goes up behind me, laying my head in her lap. "They're gone. Nat they're gone." I say as i hild on to her tightly. She strokes my hair and kisses my head. "Oh baby... im so sorry." I hadnt even gotten to say goodbye. "My dad cant be my best man. My mom wont be able to help me pick out my suit. Its all my fault." I say realizing that if they hadnt come here, they wouldve survived. "What?! Baby no. No its not your fault, it wasnt your fault my love." She says as she rests her head on mine. "I love you, its gonna be okay. I dont think you knew this but i actually lost my parents when i was 19. I kept telling myself it was never gonna get better. That was until, my now-parents walked into my life. They were there for me and took me in. Im here for you. Ill take you in. I love you with all my heart and i want you to know im here for you." I clutch her arms and cry even harder. I ended up falling asleep.

Time skip*
Its been about a month now, we decided to push the wedding until December. To give me time to cope. I woke up another morning where i would be calling my mom but she wasnt there. I go into the bathroom and get a shower. Nat was still sleeping. All of this sorrow, this sadness. It makes people pity me. I dont want to be pitied. Its like waves though. As soon as i try to stand back up another one knocks me down again. I just want it to end. And i cant even begin to tell you how much i miss them. "Morning baby." I feel a pair of arms wrap around my naked body. "Morning." I say. Ive been an emotion filled mess. But im glad i have Nat, she hasnt been pushy of me. She actually been caring. I turn around and wrap my arms around her, setting my head on hers. "How you feeling today?" She asks. "Fine." She sighs "No your not baby." She says as she hugs me tighter. "I don't know, Nat. The funeral is coming up and i dont know if i can do it." I say. "Baby... its gonna be okay, ill be right beside you the entire time my love." I feel tears start to well up on the base of my eye, threatening to break me down. I pull away and nod, not trusting my voice.  "i-im gonna try." I say. "Okay baby." She says as she hugs me. "I need to go get ready." I say as I go to get clothes. I get dressed and get my shoes on, it was my first day back to work since the incident. "I love you baby, have a good day." She says as she kisses me on the cheek and sends me on my way. I finally make it to work, im a waiter. "Hey y/n, glad your back." Says Jared as he brings me in for a hug. "Im starting to get back on my feet." I say as i fake a smile. I finish the day, people constantly checking to see if im okay. God i just want to go home and sleep. I get in my car and make my way home. I get out and walk up to the door and walk inside. "Hey baby, im home." I yell. I figure she's upstairs. I take off my shoes and set my purse down. I walk upstairs and see her asleep in our bed. I go in and get dressed into comfy clothes. "Mm hi baby." She says, not opening her eyes as i get into the bed. "Hey." I say as I use our Alexa and turn on some music. I wrap my arms around her and lay my head on her chest. The song All I Want by Kodaline came on. "Baby, will you help me with my speech?" I ask. She strokes my hair. "What speech?" She asks. "My speech... for their f-funeral." I say, trying not to cry. "All i want is nothing more, than to hear you knocking at my door. Cause if i could see your face once more, i could die a happy woman im sure. When you said your last goodbyes, i died a little inside. I layed in tears in bed all night, alone without you by my side. But if you loved me, why'd you leave me?" I whisper the lyrics as i cry into her chest. She strokes my hair and hugs me tighter. "Its okay." I cried myself to sleep that night.