I Don't Want You To Leave

"Please Tasha. Don't do this. Don’t go." I plead as I watch her pace back and forth from the cliff. We are on Vormir and this is it. This is the end.

"I don't want to leave, will you hold my hand?" She asks, tears in her eyes. "So then don't, please." I beg.

"Please, stay with me." I whisper as I hold her close to me, hiding her face in my neck. "Shh, baby its okay, you're all I need." I reassure.

"Y/n/n I don't want to do this," She whispers in my ear. "But I have to, I have to for the universe, for half the population, for you, for Wanda." She rambles as I stroke her hair. "Tasha I love you, I love you so much, please baby, don't do it." I plead, pressing her impossibly closer.

"I'm not letting you sacrifice yourself detka." She whispers, pulling away. "No, natty, baby please." By the time I get the sentence out she's already running toward the edge.

I use the grappling hook attachment on my suit to grab her feet, pulling them out from under her and running over to her. Tackling her, I hold her down. "Natasha!" I shout as she tries to free herself from my grip.

"I need you." I whisper as she slows her movements.

"You'll be okay, Y/n, please. Let me do this for us, for the world-" I cut in, because how could she care about the world more than herself. "Natasha I don't care about anybody else! I care about you, and only you, Natty please!"

Not two minutes later, she's out from underneath me. She tazes me, causing me to temporarily freeze as she runs to the edge, jumping off it.

A scream rips through my throat as I run over and lean over, grabbing her hand.

I look up, watching my hand slip before glancing back down at her. "I-it doesn't have to be like this, w-we can go back, we can be together Nat." I whisper as my eyes fill with tears. She only shakes her head.

"It's okay. You'll be okay." She whispers, smiling slightly. "N-no." I mumble, tightening my grip on her hand.

"Let me go."

The knot in my throat makes me choke on my words. "Natash-" "I love you, y/n." She whispers. "It's okay." She says before pushing her feet against the cliff,  falling back into the purplish fog.

"Natasha!" I cry out, tears streaming down my face.

Suddenly, everything goes white.

I wake up in a pool of water, completely soaked. Had it been a dream? Was she okay?

My questions were answered when I opened my hand, in my palm a small orange stone. "All this.. over a bunch of stupid rocks!" I scream, kicking the water.

I stand up and begin walking in the direction of the quinjet, glancing back at the mountain only once.

She was really gone.