Chapter 13

•The arranged marriage

Siya lay down on her bed, feeling comfy. Siya's phone rang and she lazily, grabbed it to check the caller.

Incoming call...
Master Woong

Siya accept the call, pressing the phone on her right ear as she answer. "Yes?"

"Did you already eat?"

"Yes, how about you?"

"I already did. Anyway, did you already check the hoodie?" Siya hummed. "What's yours? Mine, I have tom, crossing his arms, his body facing right side, but he's looking at the left side with his eyebrows, raised together."

"Mine is Jerry, he's also crossing his arms, he looks mad, but his body and head is facing on the left side. There's written, above, its 'never leave each other' and at the back, 'best, frenemies' how about yours?"

"Uh.. mine, above Tom, it's written, 'We always fight, but' and at the back.. 'One of the', that's it."

"So if you connect it, it's.. 'We always fight but, never leave each other' and at the back, 'One of the best, frenemies' that's cool." She chuckle, so do Hwanwoong on the other line. "Anyway, I'm already sleepy. Goodnight~"

"Okay, goodnight." She hang up the call and put her phone and glasses on the nightstand, as she lied down and fell into deep slumber, along with Hwanwoong on the other hand. The sun beamed in, directly touch Siya's face, as she groaned and yawns. She sat up, rubbing her eyes and do her, usual routine in the morning.

Siya opened her closet, and look for her uniform. Her brows knitted together, when she see that there is only one pair of uniform, when she had two. Confusedly, Siya wore her uniform and got down to make a breakfast for herself.

When she arrived at the school, Siya found Changmin with Serim. She ran up to them and greeted them warmly. "Siya, what field are you going to join?" Changmin asked, curious. Siya didn't hesitate and answered. "None, I'm too lazy to think about that." Serim snorted, shaking her head in disbelief. Changmin on the other hand, got shocked.

Siya pointed Changmin's face, and laugh so hard, making Changmin blinked. "You should have seen, how shocked you are. Is it really shocking?" Serim nodded at her question and answer. "Yeah, it is. Because, almost everyone is excited to join." She shrugged. Siya nods as she process the information.

"How about, Hwanwoong? Is he going to join?" Changmin asked, raising his eyebrows. Siya gave him an I-don't-know look, and they walk inside the campus. Siya didn't saw Hwanwoong that morning, so she was expecting, that she'll meet him at the cafeteria, but still no Hwanwoong appeared.

Bit disappointed, Siya eat her lunch lazily. Allison and her other friends noticed it, and asked what's wrong with her, but then, she answered that she's not hungry yet. They bought her lame reason and mind their own business, leaving Siya wondering over Hwanwoong.

She didn't also saw Hwanwoong after school, and thought that Hwanwoong probably has a reason why, he's not around. Siya could feel the urge of visiting Hwanwoong, but didn't do. She was thinking, Hwanwoong might tease her, because they just saw each other yesterday.

When she's walking towards her house, Siya saw someone sitting at their doorsteps, head hanging down through his knees. When she finally reached it, the person looked up surprising her, its Hwanwoong. He stood up, and pick up the bag of snacks behind him, motioning Siya to open the door.

And when they are finally inside, Hwanwoong sat on the couch not talking. "How are you? What happened to you?" Siya asked, concerned on the sad boy in front of her. Hwanwoong looked up. "My parents—anyway, can we go up to your room?" Siya nodded in confusion as Hwanwoong followed behind.

He dropped the plastic bag of snacks and laid down to her bed, when Siya was about to speak, the doorbell rang once and didn't followed by another, which means, her parents are home. "Who is it?" Hwanwoong asked, bit nervous. "My parents, for sure." She answered.

Hwanwoong swallowed the lump in his throat. "Can you not tell them, I'm here? And if they asked, tell them, you didn't see me, okay? I'll explain to you later." Siya smiled, assuring Hwanwoong and stepped out of the room, to meet her parents on the living room.

"Mom! Dad!" The three of them shared a hug that last for few minutes, before pulling out. "Honey, how are you? We missed you, so much." Her mother said, pecking her forehead. "I'm fine mom. I missed the both of you too." Her father side hug her. "We got the cupcakes from Mrs. Yeo, and it's so delicious honey." He smiled and stopped for a moment, remembering something.

"By the way, honey. They're asking, if their son, went here." He looked at Siya. "Did he? Or did you saw him?" Siya shook her head, means "no" as she looked back and forth to them. "Sorry mom and dad, but I never saw him this day. He didn't go to school." She told them, calmly. Trying not to look like lying.

"I see, I'll tell them that. Go change your uniform." Her mother told her. Siya nodded with a smile and go to her room, locking it. She found Hwanwoong laying on her bed, looking lifeless. Before questioning him, Siya went to her bathroom and changed.

After it, she sat down beside Hwanwoong. "What's the problem?" Hwanwoong whose aimlessly, looking up at the ceiling turned his head to Siya and sat up. "My parents, they set me up to an arranged marriage for business." He told Siya with a huge sigh, escaping his lips.

Siya's eyes widened in surprised, can't think well about what she have heard. "T-That's really...sad. So what is your plan now?" She asked. Hwanwoong bit his bottom lip, as he looked deeply into her eyes. "I need your help, keep me here." Siya shook her head, disapproving on the idea. Hwanwoong pleaded more, in low voice. "Please~ servant, help your king. I don't want to marry a person I don't know, nor like." He look so desperate, that Siya can't refuse.

Looking at him, with that sad expression already made her felt sad, she don't know why. And upon hearing he's getting married, her heart felt like it's being stab, she don't know the reason why. "Okay, but I can't keep you here for long." She said, bit worried and scared of possible things to happen.

"I know, I'm thinking of a plan that would work." Hwanwoong run his fingers through his hair, frustratedly. His mind went on many things, that others are really risky, like live far and not showed up, hide somewhere, don't come back to their house, find a job and work and many more.

He knows to himself, he can't live all alone. He can't live without his parents, and he really needs to think for a plan as soon as possible. Before everything went, empty-handed. Siya move closer to him, and give him a warm and comforting hug, that he badly needed.

He was in deep thought, while Siya patting his back, gently. "Are you okay now?" She spoke, snapping Hwanwoong back to reality. Her words rang to his ears, until an idea popped up to his head. "I got an idea!" He exclaimed, in a low but shouting voice.