Chapter 4: First Day Off

Jin helped her cook lunch and dinner on her first day but after that, she was left to cook on her own. She woke up an hour earlier than everyone else to make them breakfast every morning and slept an hour or so after they went to their rooms so she could clean the kitchen. Oftentimes in the afternoon, the boys would be out working so she didn't have to cook lunch for anyone other than herself. However, she had other chores to do while they were gone. Manager Sejin had her in charge of grocery shopping as well as sweeping and cleaning the floors. She had no problem adding in other chores into her schedule since she always did the chores at her own house so she was used to cleaning on a daily basis. After working hard for the boys on her first week, she received her first payment and day off. She made sure to leave them food in the fridge that they could reheat for breakfast and lunch while she was gone for the day but she would be back in time for dinner.

She was so excited to see her mom and grandma after not having seen them for so long. Her mom also had the same day off and was excited to spend the whole day with both of them. When she got to her house, her grandma had prepared breakfast for three in preparation to see her granddaughter that morning.

"I missed your cooking so much grandma," Yumi said as she ate with a smile.

"You cook better than me, I miss your cooking," her grandma replied.

"I miss your cooking too. Your grandma's cooking gets kind of boring at times," her mom joked.

"If you weren't my son's love of his life, I would slap you," her grandma joked back.

"I'm glad to eat someone else's food. I'm kind of sick of my own food everyday," Yumi said.

"How have the boys taken your food?" her mom asked.

"They really enjoy it and often thank me for the meals I make for them."

"What about Jin? What has he said?" her grandma asked.

"He appreciates it like everyone else, nothing special."

"Has he helped you cook?" her grandma added.

"He helped me on my first day so I could familiarize myself in the kitchen but since then, no. I'm supposed to cook for him, he shouldn't have to help me. It's my job to do it alone."

"You must be having a great time living under the same roof as your crush from high school. I bet any girl would kill to be in your spot," her mom said.

"Oh c'mon stop it! I work for them and I don't think any of them will ever see me as more than their chef."

"Never say never sweetie, life takes you on mysterious paths sometimes. You should be prepared for anything," her mom said with a wink.

"Mom, it would be very unprofessional of me to date my employer."

"Technically, Mr. Sejin is your employer, not the guys," her grandma pointed out.

"True but still, I have to keep my cool."

"C'mon Yumi, you know you want to fangirl. Let it out, it's just us here," her mom told her.

Yumi took another bite of her breakfast, took a deep breath, and then spoke.

"Fine...but just this once. JIN IS SO HANDSOME IN PERSON AND I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT HE TOUCHED MY FOREHEAD THE DAY WE MET! I felt like I was going to melt and OH MY GOD HIS SMILE! His smile is so captivating, inviting, and makes me want to become a puddle of water on the floor! I just...he is SO AMAZING and I want to hug him and never let him go but I can't because I'm his chef..."

Yumi's excited tone suddenly decreased and she grew quieter as she continued her thought.

"He'll only ever see me as the girl who cooks meals for him. I'll never be able to date him. Why would he ever be interested in me? I'm just...a nobody while he's a huge celebrity. The fact that he even speaks to me is amazing."