Chapter 32: Hiromi

A couple weeks after Hiromi arrived at the dorms, Taehyung visited Yumi and Jin one morning when the twins were wide awake so he wouldn't disturb them. Surprisingly, he was there to talk to Yumi instead of Jin like he usually did.

"What's up Taehyung? We rarely talk one on one," Yumi questioned him.

"I have a girl problem," Taehyung began.

"I see. Tell me, what's the issue? Who is she? I wanna know everything."

"Hiromi, the new chef, told me she likes me."

"And what did you tell her?"

"I told her I wasn't sure how I felt about her because we had only met a few weeks ago."

"I have a feeling that's a lie."

"I don't like her at all. I've never liked her vibe since she got there. There's a mysterious aura surrounding her all the time. I don't know how else to explain it."

"So she didn't pass your vibe check. Has she done or said anything suspicious?"

"The first week she was there, I caught her leaving Jungkook's room. I thought she might have talked to him but he wasn't there. I didn't confront her about it because his room seemed fine when she left. Nothing had been moved around or messy."

"Ok. Has there been anything else?"

"She's gotten closer to Jimin and constantly asks for our schedules to know when we're all going to be gone. She claims it's because she needs to know when to cook for us and when to clean when nobody is home. I don't buy that for a second."

"That's it?"

"Then there's the fact that she's hitting on me out of nowhere even though she didn't build any relationship with me before."

"I see why you're suspicious but I don't see any problem with her. I think she's just being a diligent worker. Cleaning the rooms, keeping everything tidy, making sure she's cooking on time, building a friendship with Jimin, and developing a crush on you."

"But you never cleaned our rooms without asking to go in first. And you didn't tell Jin or Jungkook you liked them right off the bat, you waited."

"Every girl is different."

Suddenly, the doorbell rang and interrupted their conversation.

"Jin! Are you expecting someone?" Yumi called out.

"No, I'm not. It's probably your mom," Jin replied.

Yumi went to open the door and when she opened it, a woman about Yumi's age was at the door.

"Who are you? How did you find this place?" Yumi asked, concerned.

"Hiromi?" Taehyung said from behind Yumi.

"This is your new chef?" Yumi asked Taehyung.

"Yes, I'm Hiromi. And you are?" Hiromi asked.

"I'm Yumi, Taehyung's friend and Jin's partner."

"Jin?"

"Oh right, you haven't met him because he doesn't live in the dorms anymore. Jin is...well he's not my husband but he's the father of my children," Yumi said, "Jin! Come out and meet the new chef!"

Jin came out with Hyun-Woo in his arms and Soo-Yun hurriedly crawling behind him. Yumi picked her up and they all stood in the doorway with Hiromi and Taehyung.

"Hi there, I'm Kim Seokjin, the oldest in BTS," Jin kindly introduced himself.

"Aww no more world wide handsome?" Yumi said.

"Nah, that ended the moment we got together. I'm your world wide handsome. To everyone else, I'm just Jin."

"Hello Mr. Kim, it's a pleasure to meet you! Your kids are lovely!" Hiromi said with a smile.

Taehyung was standing in the corner watching all of this go down with a shocked expression on his face.

"Do none of you find this suspicious?" Taehyung finally asked.

"It's just your chef, calm down," Jin told him.

"I never gave her the address or told her where I was going."

Jin and Yumi lost their smiles and stared at Hiromi with their eyes narrowed. They were very suspicious of why she was at their front door.

"How did you find this place?" Jin asked.

"Taehyung left out of nowhere in a suspicious manner like he was trying to make sure nobody caught him leaving. I got concerned and followed him here. I didn't recognize this place so I waited to see what would happen. A while went by and he didn't come out so I got worried and then I rang the doorbell and here we are. I'm glad to see he's ok," Hiromi told them.

"Oh that's very sweet of you Hiromi! She's just making sure you're ok," Yumi said.

"But she...and I...it's none of her..." Taehyung said frantically before sighing, "Nevermind."

Jin and Yumi invited Hiromi to have a seat in the living room and they sat down to get to know her a bit. Yumi and Hiromi bonded over being chefs and their similar experiences with culinary school despite having gone to different schools. Jin liked Yumi because she had great recipes for food he often liked to eat. The babies seemed to like her too, they giggled when she picked them up. Taehyung meanwhile was just staring at them in disbelief. He eventually couldn't take it anymore and excused himself to go. Hiromi followed him a few minutes later and thanked Yumi and Jin for being so kind to her.

*Time skip ahead a few weeks*

Yumi and Jin had been invited to Haneul's photo expo and needed the boys to watch the kids while they were out. Jimin was going to work on his solo album in the studio for a while before going to the house and helping them babysit. Namjoon, Taehyung, and Jungkook arrived in the afternoon before the babies took their afternoon nap. Jin and Yumi gave them instructions on when and how to set them to sleep before leaving for the photo expo. They all played with the babies for a bit before their nap time. After the babies were settled to sleep, they went back into the living room and sat on the couch.

"Man, I don't know why I am so tired. I had a coffee this morning," Namjoon said.

"Yeah, I'm also sleepy," Taehyung said, "I even slept early last night."

"I think I'm tired because I stayed up watching a new show all night," Jungkook added.

"Well the babies need to nap for about three hours so we could all just nap with them," Namjoon said as he yawned.

"The baby monitor is on in case they cry, we'll hear them for sure," Taehyung commented.

They all agreed that they would nap on the couch and fell asleep after making themselves comfortable. Fast forward two and a half hours into their sleep, Jimin arrived after having worked in the studio. He went to check on the babies to make sure they hadn't kicked their blankets off or turned their heads into the mattress while sleeping and left the others on the couch.

Jimin slowly opened the door to not disturb their sleep. He opened the room and the classical music was still softly playing on the speaker but then Jimin let out a loud scream and ran back to the living room where the boys were still asleep on the couch.

"Wake up you guys! Get up!" Jimin yelled at them.

He kept yelling at them but they wouldn't get up. He smacked them with pillows, shook them around, and cursed at them but nothing. Jimin went to the kitchen and filled a bucket with cold water, took it back to the living room, and then splashed them all. The water woke them up.

"Jimin! What the hell? Why did you wake us up like that?!" Taehyung asked, annoyed.

"THE BABIES ARE GONE!"