Chapter 18: Pushing Buttons

In the morning as Yumi prepared breakfast for everyone since Jungkook was still sleeping, Jimin woke up early and approached the kitchen. When he saw Yumi, she gave him a gentle smile.

"Good morning Jimin, you're up early," she told him.

"Where's Jungkook? He usually helps you cook," he pointed out.

"I let him sleep in because he was really tired last night."

"So can we talk while you cook?"

Yumi rolled her eyes.

"If you're going to bring up the crazy theory that I still like Jin, then no."

"Then why didn't you promise you wouldn't break up with Jungkook because of Jin?"

Yumi hesitated slightly before answering.

"Because I shouldn't have to tell you, my answer should be obvious."

"You hesitated just now!"

"I did not!"

"Did to!"

"I have nothing to prove to you Jimin."

"Just say you promise you won't leave him for Jin!"

"No!"

"Then I'm right, you don't actually like Jungkook."

Yumi began to angrily cut vegetables as she continued her conversation with Jimin.

"What do you want me to tell you? That I actually still love Jin and I'm only with Jungkook out of convinience, I will never truly get over Jin, and when he comes back, I won't help myself and I'm going to give in to him and leave Jungkook?"

There were a few seconds of silence before Yumi continued.

"Well guess what Jimin! That's something you will never hear me admit because I love Jungkook, alright? Now please quit bothering me and let me finish breakfast."

"I'll be damned then. I guess I just had to push your buttons hard enough to get you to admit you're over Jin. I'm sorry I doubted your loyalty."

Jimin left the kitchen and left her to finish making breakfast. When she finished cooking, she lightly knocked on everyone's doors and said "Breakfast is served" and then went back to the table. Everyone showed up to eat except Jungkook.

"He's probably still asleep," Taehyung commented.

"I'll go wake him up then," Yumi said.

She walked to Jungkook's door and knocked a couple times but no response. She knocked again but said "Jungkook, breakfast is ready and everyone is seated." Again, no response. She tried to open the door but it was locked.

"He must've locked it before going to sleep last night," Yumi thought to herself before heading back to the dining room. "Hey guys, Jungkook won't leave his room and the door is locked."

"Oh oh," J-Hope began, "Something must've made him angry and he locked himself in there."

"Jin usually gets him out of his room when he's like that," Yoongi said.

"But he's not here, so what now?" Yumi asked.

"Let Namjoon try," Taehyung said, "He respects Namjoon a whole lot too."

"Sure, I'll give it a shot," Namjoon said.

He stood up from the table and walked with Yumi to his door.

He knocked and said "Hey Jungkook, you alright?" but no response. "Breakfast is ready," he added, "Your food will get cold" but still nothing.

Namjoon stopped to think before he yelled down the hallway.

"Ok Hoseok hyung! Jungkook won't have breakfast so you can have his banana milk!"

"Oh no you won't hyung!" Jungkook said from inside his room.

He opened the door and started to walk down the hallway but Namjoon tugged on his shirt to stop him. Jungkook turned around, pouted, and crossed his arms.

"Hyung, how could you let him drink my banana milk?" Jungkook asked.

"Nobody is going to drink your milk, I just had to get you out of your room," Namjoon replied.

Jungkook then noticed that Yumi was standing next to Namjoon and his facial expression changed to an annoyed one.

"Oh, it's you Yumi," he said.

Feeling the tension in his stance, stare, and tone of voice Yumi grew concerned.

"Did I do something wrong?" she asked him.

"I don't know Yumi, you tell me."

"I'll leave you two to talk," Namjoon said and then he left back to the dining table.

Jungkook angrily went back into his room and Yumi followed him in before he could close the door on her. He stood with his arms crossed and faced away from her as she stood behind him.

"What's wrong Jungkook? Something is clearly bothering you, you can tell me."

"You really don't know what's bothering me? Did you hope I wouldn't hear your conversation with Jimin?"

"If he heard the whole conversation, why is he so mad?" Yumi asked herself.

*Flashback to earlier in the morning from Jungkook's POV*

Jungkook woke up in his bed and realized that Yumi didn't wake him up to help her make breakfast. He figured that she let him sleep in. He put on his clothes and walked out to the kitchen to help her finish preparing the food and to drink a banana milk. He heard Yumi yelling from the kitchen but couldn't understand what she was saying until he got closer.

"I actually still love Jin and I'm only with Jungkook out of convinience, I will never truly get over Jin, and when he comes back, I won't help myself and I'm going to give in to him and leave Jungkook," Yumi shouted.

There was a long silence and Jungkook peaked inside, making sure to not be seen, and spotted Jimin with Yumi in the kitchen.

"So that's how she truly feels then? I'm just a convenient relationship for her. I see how it is," he thought to himself.

He ran back to his room as tears formed in his eyes. Once inside his room, he locked the door and cried softly in his bed.

*End of flashback*

"Jungkook, you did not hear the full conversation! This is a huge misunderstanding! I said those things but I posed them as questions! Then I told Jimin that I would never say that because I'm in love with you," Yumi clarified.

He cautiously turned around with a softened expression on his face but still had his head down and arms crossed.

"You promise it was a misunderstanding?" he asked.

Yumi grabbed onto his shoulders and kissed him gently. He uncrossed his arms and wrapped them around her waist. She wrapped her arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. They then slowly walked backwards towards his bed and Jungkook gently pushed her down onto it as they kept kissing. He then took his shirt off and things began to get heated when suddenly, there was a knock on the door and they stopped.

"Who is it?" Jungkook asked.

"I'm really going to drink your banana milk if you take any longer," J-Hope said from outside the door.

"Not on my watch hyung!" Jungkook said and then walked towards the door.

"Wait, Jungkook!" Yumi said and tugged on his arm.

"What?"

"Umm...your shirt."

"Right..."

He put his shirt back on before they both exited to join the others for breakfast.