Chapter 39: New Feelings

The rest of the year consisted of visiting venues and selecting one, making and sending out invites, trying on a million wedding dresses, regular dresses for the bridesmaids, and suits for all the men, sampling every cake flavor known to mankind, picking a wedding theme, and rehearsing their first dance. Yumi had never danced a day in her life so it was hard for her to learn the choreography they decided to put on (a mix of Yumi's favorite BTS choreographies) but with Jin and Jimin's help, she was able to learn it between October and February. Jungkook said that after they had their dance, he wanted to sing "Euphoria" so they could slow dance to it, to which they agreed.

One day before the wedding, they had the rehearsal since J-Hope and Yoongi had returned from their enlistment. Everyone met up at the venue they selected (a beautiful greenhouse that would be decorated with cherry blossoms in honor of her grandmother). This was the first time Yumi's group of friends were meeting the remaining BTS members and Jin's brother. Everyone was introduced to each other except Nuri who arrived late from needing to do a food critique beforehand. Then, they were shown the general area they would be standing in. Jungkook was told he would be next to Yumi during the ceremony as her best man while holding the bouquet.

*Switching to Jungkook's POV momentarily*

As Jungkook stood at the altar, Nuri walked into the greenhouse dressed in a manly suit with dress flats, light makeup, and short light brown hair with bangs covering half of their face. Jungkook's eyes widened when he saw Nuri and turned to whisper to Yumi.

*Switching back to the normal POV*

Yumi noticed Jungkook's expression changed and she recognized it perfectly. It was the same look he had given her when they first met in the dorm's kitchen seven years prior.

"Who is that?" Jungkook asked.

"Oh, them?" Yumi began, "That's Nuri. I told everyone they'd be late."

"Why do you keep saying 'they?'"

"Nuri is androgynous and gender non-conforming. Their pronouns are they/ them."

"Well, they are very attractive. Are they single?"

"Yes, Nuri is single and has no children. You like them, don't you?"

"Was I that obvious?"

"You crushed on me for years and are my ex-boyfriend, I know your 'in love' face like the back of my hand."

"I am not going to be stupid this time and act all nervous, I've changed from that insecure 22 year old boy you met. I'm going to talk to them," he said with a determined look on his face. He then started walking towards them but Yumi tugged on his shirt.

"After the rehearsal please. They're already late and I don't want to waste more time."

Jungkook nodded and stayed put. Yumi instructed Nuri where to stand. Once everyone knew where they were supposed to be, they queued the music on the speaker so they could practice walking down the aisle. Instead of the traditional "Here Comes the Bride," Jimin offered to sing "Serendipity" to a piano and violin backing track as they walked. When they finished their rehearsal, the other six members prepared to head out but not before Jungkook talked to Nuri and said "Excuse me Nuri, I don't mean to disturb you but I think you are very attractive and I would love to take you out sometime."

"Me?" Nuri asked, "You think I'm attractive?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I?"

"Most people think I'm weird for being androgynous and never show interest in me. If they did, they tried to force me to 'pick a gender' and I never liked that."

Jungkook held Nuri's hand and gently kissed it.

"You are an amazing human and if you just want to be, that's ok. I don't care if you are a man, woman, both, neither, or anything else on the spectrum. You are attractive as you are and I would like to get to know you to see if it works out."

Nuri was blushing so hard as Jungkook spoke to them. Jin approached Yumi who had been watching from a distance.

"Is Jungkook flirting?" Jin asked Yumi in shock.

"Apparently so, I really thought he'd chicken out."

"Does this mean he's over you now?"

"We'll always be each other's first loves but, I'm glad he's finally moving on from it like I was able to with you."

"Can you believe we're getting married tomorrow?"

"Can I believe it? Yeah. Am I ready for it? No. I never thought I'd get married."

"I knew I'd get married one day but I honestly thought I'd go in the 'traditional order' with having kids later."

"Like you told me when I was pregnant, 'Things happen sometimes and life throws curveballs at you. If we were meant to have a child then, then so be it. I couldn't have asked for a better person to go through this journey with.'"

"You remember that?"

"Of course, it's what you told me when I was pregnant. I will never forget your reaction."

"You know what I will never forget?"

"Tell me."

"The moment I fell in love with you."

"You've never told me about that."

The wedding planner interrupted their conversation and said everyone had to leave because another group of people were going to rehearse their event and they had to leave before getting recognized. They all rushed out of the venue and drove to their respective homes. As they drove home, Yumi begged Jin to tell her when he fell for her and he finally gave in.

"It was a few days after I started to help you in the kitchen. This particular day I was busy writing a song but when I got out of my room to use the bathroom, I heard you listening to "Moon" in the kitchen. I got curious and went to see what you were up to."

"You spied on me?"

Jin ignored her comment and continued.

"As I approached the kitchen, I heard that you were singing along to it because you thought you were alone."

"My singing is so horrible though. How did your ears not bleed?"

Again, he ignored her comment.

"When I heard you singing with your beautiful soft tone and enjoying yourself in the kitchen, that's when it hit me. You are everything I ever wanted; a woman who is beautiful, enjoys my music, and loves to cook. It was then that I fell deeply in love with you. Hanging out with you just deepened and confirmed my feelings for you."

"Aww Jin, that's so sweet. I can't believe that me being my goofy self in the kitchen is what made you like me."

"I love you for being authentically yourself with me and treating me as a human. You didn't treat me like a celebrity, you didn't treat me as Jin; you treated me as a normal person, as Kim Seokjin."

"But I literally screamed when I saw you on my first day and you're telling me I treated you like a normal person?"

"You did scream that day, I remember, and I continued teasing you for it during the day but I knew that was because it was a first impression and well, world wide handsome is a lot to take in in person," he said with a smirk.

Yumi playfully punched his shoulder.

"Oh my god, stop it you narcissist," she replied with a giggle.

They drove home to enjoy the rest of the day with the twins before heading to sleep on the eve of their wedding night.